Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:21 PM

123 posts, read 579,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
THere's plenty of central american immigrants in Westbury. You don't need to go to New Castle to find them. Many are in apartments on and off of Post Avenue.
Schools are very hispanic and taxes are pretty high for such an average area. Carle Place is next door and seems to be more stable in demographics.

St. Brigid's Church is on Maple Ave, with another larger church on Post Ave. Go there on a Sunday and see what the congregation looks like. They will be your neighbors.

St Brigids School is on Maple Ave and the CHURCH is on POST
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 08:34 PM

I live in the BH Section and actually we just got home from walking around the neighborhood. My hunny said what is every dog owner and their dogs out it seemed like everyone was out with their dogs (yes, I have 2 of my own). Who are my babies.
Everyone said hello to each other as we all walked near each other.

I didnt go to the public schools-- I wasnt allowed and that was like 15 yrs ago because there was not that many whites even going back than.
I want to the local Catholic School which I heard is going into the ground really fast.

John, I agree with a lot of ur issues with the Village.. Its not what it used to be and it seems like noone cares
but if ur so unhappy here why are u still here?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:34 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,296,605 times
It's funny, this post was "bumped" from the last year, yet here I still am. I'll tell you why I remain. For all of the problems, there's too many good things to leave. Post ave is busy enough with other people that I still dont feel out of place (like further east on Maple +Union).
I dont drive, the public transportation is pretty good here compared to alot of Nassau (and L.I.). The only areas that have better public transportation than Westbury is Hempstead, which is much, much worse than Westbury in terms of crime and gangs. Great Neck has good public transportation...to the city, but not going south or east.
I can get from Westbury to other places on L.I. fairly easy compared to alot of other places. Also there's plenty of malls and stores nearby.
Yeah I am worried about the illegals, but until that is all the community consists of, I will stay. There's still alot of other folks here.
I will still stand by there are certain parts of town to avoid living in, east of Post ave, esp bordering New Cassel and by the train station mainly.
Fortunately I dont live in those areas. All I was trying to point out was I didn't want the whole village to go the way of those aformentioned sections.
Westbury Village has alot going for it because of it's central location, all that needs to be done is gentrification. Having some of the bodegas close and be replaced with more mainstream establishments will help our town. Cracking down on overcrowded houses will also help our town.
Post ave remains a "gateway" to the major shopping and business areas in central Nassau, and has great potential. We already have quite a few great places to eat, such as Alfredo Pizza (my favorite pizza) and many others.
Gino's seems busier but I am loyal to Alfredo's.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
It's funny, this post was "bumped" from the last year, yet here I still am. I'll tell you why I remain. For all of the problems, there's too many good things to leave. Post ave is busy enough with other people that I still dont feel out of place (like further east on Maple +Union).
I dont drive, the public transportation is pretty good here compared to alot of Nassau (and L.I.). The only areas that have better public transportation than Westbury is Hempstead, which is much, much worse than Westbury in terms of crime and gangs. Great Neck has good public transportation...to the city, but not going south or east.
I can get from Westbury to other places on L.I. fairly easy compared to alot of other places. Also there's plenty of malls and stores nearby.
Yeah I am worried about the illegals, but until that is all the community consists of, I will stay. There's still alot of other folks here.
I will still stand by there are certain parts of town to avoid living in, east of Post ave, esp bordering New Cassel and by the train station mainly.
Fortunately I dont live in those areas. All I was trying to point out was I didn't want the whole village to go the way of those aformentioned sections.
Westbury Village has alot going for it because of it's central location, all that needs to be done is gentrification. Having some of the bodegas close and be replaced with more mainstream establishments will help our town. Cracking down on overcrowded houses will also help our town.
Post ave remains a "gateway" to the major shopping and business areas in central Nassau, and has great potential. We already have quite a few great places to eat, such as Alfredo Pizza (my favorite pizza) and many others.
Gino's seems busier but I am loyal to Alfredo's.
Too funny I didnt even notice it was from last yr. LOL
Im glad u like it here and wanna stay
however some people have real attitude problems.
Also some people here are in denial about this village.
Went to alfredos with some friends and we ate there
it was ok but very expensive.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:29 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,296,605 times
Pizza is getting more expensive nowadays due to inflation, I've noticed it everywhere.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:36 PM

they had signs up too saying everything was goin up...bread, flour etc etc
try spassos on old country rd..they are pretty good and they deliver

Old 07-22-2008, 04:39 PM

48 posts, read 137,509 times
Sorry i didnt realize this was from last year lol.I just searched all the threads that talked about westbury and this one popped up. And yea I am a little bit upset that pizza at Alfredo's on Post ave has gone up. I love the pizza there.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbury Legend View Post
Sorry i didnt realize this was from last year lol.I just searched all the threads that talked about westbury and this one popped up. And yea I am a little bit upset that pizza at Alfredo's on Post ave has gone up. I love the pizza there.

Alfredo Pizza Party LOL

Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhome123 View Post
anyone have nay idea of how the Westbury area is in terms of schools and safety specifically westbury village at maple square

so did u move??

Old 03-23-2009, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 9,727 times
Default Oliver Avenue

Hello everybody,

anyone have nay idea of how "Oliver Avenue Cross Street is Elton Westbury" is in terms of schools and safety.

New Home Buyer
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island