Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:27 PM

82 posts, read 189,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Yes, it is America, and everyone is free to do what they wish to do to celebrate what they want to celebrate on private property. The problem occurs when some people want to celebrate their personal beliefs in the gov't schools and on public property (city, town or village hall).

Let's not forget that this is not the holiday season for all. Some of us had our holiday season in September/October, and it becomes upsetting when some try to make Chanukah, because it is available, a Jew's Christmas, which it ain't.
What does that mean? I don't care if you have your holiday and dress or wear whatever relates to your holiday or any other holiday.
If someone wants to wear a santa hat at christmastime they have that right period! I would have told my boss to shove this job up his you know what. The fact that this is a problem in a gov't school or building is sickining. If people can't see the rights the average american citizen is losing our country has no hope for the future. Enough with the PC crap!
How do you think this anti-christmas stuff would fly in past generations? Our countrys mindset needs to return to the 1940's and 50's. We can thank our modern day politicians for political correctness and the continual loss of our rights and freedoms. A santa hat... Give me a break!

Old 11-26-2009, 08:51 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

I don't really care that much about the incident, the whole "war on Christmas" deal is a play by Fox News and Bill O'Reilly worshippers to be the victim. The bus company was stupid to tell the guy to stop wearing the hat.
Really ?

Fox is one of the few networks pointing it out.
Hence the article above.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island