Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:23 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
It doesn't say it in the article, only in the comments beneath. How do we know for fact that the person commenting really knew that?
Looks like they both exchanged shots

Quote:
At some point, the suspects and the 53-year-old homeowner exchanged gunfire.
Homeowner killed during violent home invasion on Long Island - 12/14/09 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 12:35 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,333,570 times
Quote:
It doesn't say it in the article, only in the comments beneath. How do we know for fact that the person commenting really knew that?
yeah I know, there is no way to tell for sure.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:42 PM

44 posts, read 180,641 times
OBH, the criminals have not yet moved out of the park to Bohemia. Those 2 miles of woods on Vets Hwy. serve more than an area for good fly fishing, they also serve as a buffer for Bohemia residents from the CI element. I've lived here 22 years without incident until Sunday.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:04 PM

20,021 posts, read 20,826,797 times
I have to admit I was a little shocked to hear this incident took place in Bohemia.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:07 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I have to admit I was a little shocked to hear this incident took place in Bohemia.

Why? someone was shot and killed at the Radioshack on Sunrise a few years back...some dirtbags from Brooklyn. Lowlife criminals can drive too, ya know?

Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 PM

20,021 posts, read 20,826,797 times
The home invasion part shocked me.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:54 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,139,545 times
Quote:
Guys in the Southside Sportsman's club were robbed. Word got around, and most people made a point of staying closer to the Sunrise end.

Most guys had their wallets on them, some were wearing jewelery. They know that you're not going to get away easily in your waders.
dam pirates!

arrrrrggggg me mateys!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:48 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
some dirtbags from Brooklyn
Seems like most of the home invasions on LI are committed by people from Brooklyn or Queens ...

At any rate, I think it's time for Port of Entry controls on the Queens/Nassau border. We have enough crime as it is without the city criminals coming out here.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:00 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,931,947 times
My question is how old are the children in the family of the victim? If they are 16-30 I'm going to bet drugs (heroin) was the motive. The Oakdale-Bohemia area is loaded with nice kids from nice homes commiting crimes or becoming victims of crimes over drugs.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:25 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
Sometimes a home invasion happens just because of opportunity. Here's an account of how and why the Harvey family home (here in Richmond VA) was picked for a home invasion at around 10AM 1/1/2006...

Quote:
Gray’s statement describes robbery, deaths

Ricky Javon Gray has been silent throughout his trial. But this afternoon, his words left everyone numb.

Philadelphia police homicide Detective Howard Peterman read the three-page written statement Gray gave on Jan. 7 after being captured in a West Philadelphia row house.

In the statement, Gray told the detective how he and Ray Dandridge and Ashley Baskerville were just driving around South Richmond.

“We was looking for a house to rob—clothes, money jewelry,” he said in the statement, read aloud in court this afternoon by Peterman.

Gray explained how they saw an open door at 812 W. 31st St., the home of the Harveys.

Geary calmly explained how Gray, according to police, found an open door at the Harvey home and entered, then systematically tied up the family in the basement. Bryan who had been reading the paper in the living room, was hog-tied with extension cords. Kathryn, who had been preparing food for a party later that day, was eventually bound with clear tape, as was Ruby, who had been playing elsewhere in the house, and Stella, who was taken down to the basement when she returned from a sleepover.

Dandridge (who is to be tried Sept. 18 in the deaths of Ashley Baskerville and her parents) and Gray entered.

Gray first tied up Bryan Harvey in the basement, using extension cords. Then he tied up the rest of the family—Kathryn, Ruby and then Stella, who had just arrived home from a sleepover, in clear plastic tape.

He told them that he would not be able to leave the house unless everybody was tied up. But what followed was more than a robbery.

“Now that I think about it, it was a real nasty scene,” Gray said.

While Dandridge was upstairs taking items, “I started cutting their throats,” Gray told Peterman, remarking at one point that his victims began getting up. That’s when he picked up the claw hammer and started beating them.

“All I know is nobody was moving when I got out of there,” he told Peterman.

Gray’s statement ended this way:

“None of this was necessary.”
BTW, the take from this home invasion/murder was among other things, Bryan Harvey’s wedding ring, a computer and even some cookies that were sitting in a basket.

Be safe folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island