Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 10:46 AM

10 posts, read 55,708 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
I've lived in LI my entire life and, therefore, I'm fully aware ofthe supberb reputation the Jericho School District has (and deserves).
I'm also aware that the population of Jericho has a large Jewish population. My wife and I are of Roman Catholic descent and both have grown up in areas with a mix of all religions thus are looking to buy a home in a similar area.
Can anybody tell me if Jericho has any Roman Catholic population?
I am by no means against living in a area which has a large population of Jewish individuals. I just want to ensure that my family won't be part of an overwhelming minority.
Thanks Much
CJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 11:55 AM

964 posts, read 2,462,860 times
If you move to Jericho, you will definitely be the minority from a religious standpoint. There is no way around that. However, that said, there is quite a sizable Italian-American population there as well. I believe they mostly attend St. Paul's Church (near SUNY Old Westbury).

If you want to be in a more Roman Catholic areas and still have excellent schools, then I would try for Woodbury, Syosset, Rockville Center, or Garden City.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:30 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjferro View Post
Can anybody tell me if Jericho has any Roman Catholic population?
cjferro, you might want to ask someone who lives in Jericho and worships at St. Paul the Apostle Church at 2534 Cedar Swamp Road in the Village of Brookville ("Glen Head, NY 11545" mailing address).

Old 01-04-2010, 03:17 PM

748 posts, read 2,888,487 times
I bought my home in Jericho from an Italian-American family. There are still quite a few Italian-Americans here, though I do not know the exact stats. Apart from the school district, I was also pleasantly surprised by the quality of the library, the civic and community organizations and the religious and ethnic diversity here. My neighbors are a Korean family, across is a Chinese family, next to that is a black family and an Indian family and behind me there are Italian seniors. I would second Walter's suggestion of visiting the local church.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:32 AM

10 posts, read 55,708 times
Thanks for the feeback, all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island