Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:35 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandercma View Post
Where exactly is Shoridge Hills? Is this a development like Island Estates or just a section if Shoreham?
NE Shoreham.
Its not McMansions ...but nicer, humbler.

If you want McMansions check out Soundview Acres next door.

Shoreham north/SWR schools is the way to go if money is no object.
Look in Shoreham Village too.
Village of Shoreham
Stunning.

Crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner+2 View Post
I grew up in Shoridge Hills in Shoreham! It really is nice. Very friendly and they used to have block parties, 4th of July parades, etc. Great to be so close to the water.

Crooks you have good taste ;-) and we have never called it East Shoreham.

Shoridge Hills is just a section of Shoreham. If you are going east on North Country Rd. you will see it on your left just before the road forks- S. Hills is to the left, N. Country Road to Wading River is on the right.
Thanks
Great area.

Reminds me a little of the Tides in Rocky Point.

Very cool.
Plenty of charm

Crooks

Old 01-19-2010, 04:53 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner+2 View Post
I grew up in Shoridge Hills in Shoreham! It really is nice. Very friendly and they used to have block parties, 4th of July parades, etc. Great to be so close to the water.

Crooks you have good taste ;-) and we have never called it East Shoreham.

Shoridge Hills is just a section of Shoreham. If you are going east on North Country Rd. you will see it on your left just before the road forks- S. Hills is to the left, N. Country Road to Wading River is on the right.
Is there any part of East Shoreham that people refer to as "East Shoreham"? Or do they just say "Shoreham" and "Shoreham Village"? Shoreham (the village) is stunning, don't think I've ever been around this Shoridge Hills part, though. Is it by the big old Nuclear Reactor? Cuz I've been by that before....

Also, what's the proper pronunciation? I say "SHUR-em"....is that right? I feel like there is a big gray area on this haha.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Is there any part of East Shoreham that people refer to as "East Shoreham"? Or do they just say "Shoreham" and "Shoreham Village"? Shoreham (the village) is stunning, don't think I've ever been around this Shoridge Hills part, though. Is it by the big old Nuclear Reactor? Cuz I've been by that before....

Also, what's the proper pronunciation? I say "SHUR-em"....is that right? I feel like there is a big gray area on this haha.
Its either "Shor-am" or Shoreham Village.
Ive never met anyone who has ever referred to an East Shoreham.

Youre either in the Village...or youre not, and the village is one of the most beautiful and affleunt little enclaves on LI.

I think the closed reactor is technically in Wading River.
Shoridge Hills is just west buffered by Greenbelt and its really, really great.
You can do well in the low 4s there.

Crooks

Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 AM

35 posts, read 156,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post

Youre either in the Village...or youre not, and the village is one of the most beautiful and affleunt little enclaves on LI.

Shoridge Hills is just west buffered by Greenbelt and its really, really great.
You can do well in the low 4s there.

Crooks
Sounds like it is really nice, I will have to see if I can find it. I am not sure where it is at all. Can someone explain how I would find it from 25A in Shoreham? I have searched MLSLI in Shoreham and am not sure that any of the houses listed say "Shoridge". I will keep looking all information is appreciated....

Old 01-19-2010, 07:26 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times
Quote:
Well I "Shor-am" surprised to hear that.....East Shoreham is like 10x the size of Shoreham. It seems like people prefer to call the place they live by whichever way the money goes....

Example:

People who live in New Cassel have a Westbury ZIP code and say they live in Westbury.....but people who live in Old Brookville have a Glen Head ZIP code and say they live in Old Brookville....never Glen Head!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Well I "Shor-am" surprised to hear that.....East Shoreham is like 10x the size of Shoreham. It seems like people prefer to call the place they live by whichever way the money goes....

Example:

People who live in New Cassel have a Westbury ZIP code and say they live in Westbury.....but people who live in Old Brookville have a Glen Head ZIP code and say they live in Old Brookville....never Glen Head!
Funny.

Good point but Shoreham is Shoreham is Shoreham...or youre in the Village and they call it Shoreham too.

Bottom line
All of Shoreham is nice.

Cant say that about Westbury

Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
Quote:
Reminds me a little of the Tides in Rocky Point. Crooks

That's right, Crooks, both developments are in a different community than the community named in that place's mailing address:

The Tides is in Sound Beach ("Rocky Point, NY 11778" mailing address).

A map of the Hamlet of Sound Beach in the Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County:

The Hamlet of Sound Beach has a different border than does the "Sound Beach, NY 11789" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a " Sound Beach, NY 11789" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Sound Beach and a place can have other than a "Sound Beach, NY 11789" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Sound Beach): places that have a "Sound Beach, NY 11789" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Sound Beach are in the Hamlet of Miller Place; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Sound Beach that have a "Rocky Point, NY 11778" mailing address.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:06 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
Quote:
As long as it was in the Town of Brookhaven, than the nuclear reactor was not in the Hamlet of Wading River because the Hamlet of Wading River is solely within the Town of Riverhead, although the nuclear reactor may have been, at least partly, in the part of the Hamlet of East Shoreham that has a "Wading River, NY 11792" mailing address as the "Wading River, NY 11792" ZIP Code is partly in the Town of Brookhaven and partly in the Town of Riverhead.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:53 PM

721 posts, read 1,566,815 times
No one says East Shoreham. It's either "The Village" or just plain Shoreham.

All of the streets in Shoridge Hills have the names of colleges (except for Valentine Rd. for some reason). A few McMansions but not like the new developements that they built over on the south side of 25A. Private beach with a boardwalk and nice people.

If you were on 25A you could take Miller Ave, go North past the elementary school, then make a right onto N. Country Rd and follow that until the road forks. It's right there on the left. It's not near the old Lilco site. I'd also say that was in Wading River, but I'm sure Walter would find some reason why I am wrong...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island