Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 03:15 PM

7,801 posts, read 10,059,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
a conglomerate of several lesser known fast food chains and Nathan's.
I think all Nathan's are like that now. The one on Deer Park Avenue is like that as well, Nathan's + some sort of chicken/hamburger place I never heard of before going there.

Alot of fast food chains appear to be going this route; White Castle/Church's Chicken, Taco Bell/Pizza Hut, Taco Bell/KFC, KFC/Pizza Hut, etc. All we need is a Taco Bell/Checker's/Quiznos combo and it would be the mother of all fast food restaurants.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:24 AM

42 posts, read 91,759 times
Default gullivers

I know that gulliver's was a small chain that took over for 27 of the arthur treacher locations they sued for unfair franchise costs and won,not sure that your gulliver's travels was that or different,their used to be an arthur treachers in commack it became gullivers and then closed way back in the early 80's I think.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:20 PM

86 posts, read 192,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Chi Chi's I think is gone altogether in NY and across the country. In Long Island, I think Riverhead has the only remaining Ground Round (on 58) just before the traffic circle on the west side of the road.

Chi CHis had great chips and salsa and re-fried ice cream.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:01 PM

5,463 posts, read 7,036,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwavemichael View Post
Was it the bradford room or bradford house? I was young when Grants was around,there was one here in Smithtown.I remember the Bradford room or house was connected to Grants,you just had to walk right into it from Grants.They had the best hot dogs and cole slaw.
It was the Bradford Room and they also had the best fried clams as well...

Old 08-08-2010, 08:51 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,747,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy15161 View Post
There is a Nathan's on Portion Road in Ronkonkoma across the street from the Lake Rock Diner. There is also one in the Smithhaven Mall in Lake Grove. There are still some around.

There is also one in St. James on Middle Country Rd.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:41 AM

Default nathans

the nathans in saint james is not too good,itnis small sharing with a tcby and subway,and the hot dogs and fries are always very undercooked,I had to tell them many times to please cook more,I finally gave up on the place,the subway is terrible also,since they went to the 5 dollar footlong you cannot get them to put anything on the sandwich,they literally put 4 black olive slices on a footlong one time,I told they owner charge me the 5.79 you used to and make me a real sandwich or I wont be back,guess what I haven't been back(lol)

Old 08-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Default budde's

anyone remember budde's(I think it was spelled like that) in the 70's,it was in commack,commack was even more of a fastfood haven back then,we had everything on that strip,at first budde's was a burger and ice cream place,then it was just an ice cream parlor before closing for good,it was somewhere near mayfair shopping plaza.I believe it had orange and white horizontal stripes(not wetsons) on the outside of building.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 AM

Default nytom

yes the clam strips were great,very much like hojo's if memory serves me correct,remember hojo's one was on main street in smithtown all you can eat fish or clams,I think on monday and wednesday,and the best chocolate chip ice cream anywhere!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
anyone remember budde's(I think it was spelled like that) in the 70's,it was in commack,commack was even more of a fastfood haven back then,we had everything on that strip,at first budde's was a burger and ice cream place,then it was just an ice cream parlor before closing for good,it was somewhere near mayfair shopping plaza.I believe it had orange and white horizontal stripes(not wetsons) on the outside of building.

Yep, Commack was much more downscale than it is today. I remember back in the 80's going to the Long Island arena for concerts in Commack. I think Rush played there once. Why did that place close? I don't think Suffolk has any kind of large arena venues. I think my last concert was Depeche Mode at Jones Beach. It would be nice if they could do something like that at Heckscher State Park or Smith Point. Jones Beach was too far and too much traffic.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
yes the clam strips were great,very much like hojo's if memory serves me correct,remember hojo's one was on main street in smithtown all you can eat fish or clams,I think on monday and wednesday,and the best chocolate chip ice cream anywhere!

Smithtown has a big burger joint on Main st. across from the flower shop. It looks like a chain restaurant. Does anyone know if it's any good or is it just another run of the mill fast food restaurant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island