Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:44 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimasa View Post
This post has me absolutely rolling. These are all the same people who bad mouth other parts of the country for their culinary offerings and yet here you are lamenting the loss of Arby's, Cooky's, and on and on with the chain restuarants. It's REALLY cracking me up. Thanks for the laughs you worldly Long Islanders.
um, LI is a big place. If we each mentioned random privately owned places from years ago, chances are there would be 1-2 people max that would know what anyone else was talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM

284 posts, read 985,805 times
Peter's Pasta , Babylon Village

Old 01-22-2010, 07:27 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times

I guess you missed the infamous episode of Kitchen Nightmares then.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-22-2010, 08:14 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

I guess you missed the infamous episode of Kitchen Nightmares then.
The namesake of that place came off as a lazy douche.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:52 AM

42 posts, read 92,539 times
Default missing alot of things

what is up with this brimasa character,I am new here,but I am on other message boards,does he have anything of quality to add,or is it all negative,he is also a bold face liar,of course their are things he misses,he just feels the need to be a big man and rag on everyone else,long gone stores,especially eating establishments are links to our childhoods,maybe someone who you have lost or lost taouch with went to a certain place with you,or you just associate it with bing a kid and it is summer and no school,or you took your first love to a certain place,arby's is tops on my list,although we have the 2 in the nassau malls and the stand alone right off the expressway in queens,Ialso miss wetsons,during the summer me and my sisters would speand 2 weeks with my cousins at there house and they would spend 2 weeks with us,when we were at there house my uncle would take us to wetsons,the perfect example of a missed memory associated with a restaurant,also hubies,tom carvel owned 2 of them the one right at the fork of 347 and 454,now a carvel was 10 minuted frm my house we would go there and then the smithtown drive in all 4 kids and my parents,so brimasa these are the kinds of things i think people are talking about,not so much the quality of the food,I will post more soon I have a ton of places to share.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:56 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Does Nathan's still exist on LI aside from the locations in Deer Park on DPA and at The Arches Outlets? What about the one on 110?

Old 07-22-2010, 09:07 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
Restaurants:

Dublin Delights in St. James
Griff's Grill in Rocky Point
The Rockhopper in Northport
Red Lobster in Huntington (strictly nostalgic, took my wife there on our first date)
There was also an Italian place in Coram on the corner of Middle Country and 83 which name escapes me.
Homers in the Woodbury Commons

As for chains, Jack in the Box and DQ are both alive and well in Texas, come on down! 2 tacos for $1 never tasted so good. There's a JITB on the way from the airport; I stop there when my buddy visits from LI and we load up.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwavemichael View Post
what is up with this brimasa character,I am new here,but I am on other message boards,does he have anything of quality to add,or is it all negative,he is also a bold face liar,of course their are things he misses,he just feels the need to be a big man and rag on everyone else,long gone stores,especially eating establishments are links to our childhoods,maybe someone who you have lost or lost taouch with went to a certain place with you,or you just associate it with bing a kid and it is summer and no school,or you took your first love to a certain place,arby's is tops on my list,although we have the 2 in the nassau malls and the stand alone right off the expressway in queens,Ialso miss wetsons,during the summer me and my sisters would speand 2 weeks with my cousins at there house and they would spend 2 weeks with us,when we were at there house my uncle would take us to wetsons,the perfect example of a missed memory associated with a restaurant,also hubies,tom carvel owned 2 of them the one right at the fork of 347 and 454,now a carvel was 10 minuted frm my house we would go there and then the smithtown drive in all 4 kids and my parents,so brimasa these are the kinds of things i think people are talking about,not so much the quality of the food,I will post more soon I have a ton of places to share.
Considering this thread is 6 month's old, I doubt anyone is going to worry about what brimasa said back then.

May I make a suggestion. In future posts, please try to capitalize the beginning of a sentence and proper nouns. Punctuation would help too. Just would be easier to read than one run-on paragraph.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 AM

Default well I

just found this thread so I can only answer to things now,and sorry about the run on it is a habit of mine,I am sure to not break(lol) just ignore my posts if they get to long winded(lol) nathans is alive and well with many locations on long island almost all co branded with tcby and subway,also in food courts on the malls.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:59 AM

Default more missed places

Does anyone remember Aprils in selden?4 burgers for a buck,3 tacos for a buck.They also made their onion rings fresh as you ordered them,dipped them right in front of you.I actually tried to make sentences here,it slows me down,my brain goes a mile a minute,but I nwill try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island