Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:21 PM

120 posts, read 216,950 times

Advertisements

FYI, Chaminade is very "gay friendly".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 02:22 PM

120 posts, read 216,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter55 View Post
I never heard the pantyhose version, I always thought it was "take bubble baths".
and "the school that has no stairs".

Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM

416 posts, read 697,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama8 View Post
That was the other version. You are right..bubble baths was the most popular version of the song. I'm trying to remember back to 1998. It seems like so long ago. Memories!!

Also instead of Chaminade, we called it Chaminerd!
Let me guess, you're now married to a former Chaminerd? lol

Old 02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,411,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama8 View Post
Also instead of Chaminade, we called it Chaminerd!
That's funny. I must admit I think that's appropriate - at least in my son's case - he's definitely a nerd/geek! I love him anyway!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:26 PM

659 posts, read 2,516,432 times
Quote:
Let me guess, you're now married to a former Chaminerd? lol
Actually not. I married a Jewish public school grad.(Go figure)..but I have many "Chaminerd" friends from my time at SHA and my brother is a "Chaminerd" grad.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:21 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,539,555 times
Quote:
I don't doubt what you say here happened, but at the end of the day I don't feel it's accurate to say that Chaminade is "about the military". I think the focus is on alumni who have served, not necessarily the military in and of itself.
There is no military overtone with Chaminade. There is a high rate of graduates that attend service academies after graduation but it ends there.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 AM
GPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbinspections View Post
There is no military overtone with Chaminade. There is a high rate of graduates that attend service academies after graduation but it ends there.
Once again, I just meant there was a strong emphasis on honoring those that served/serve our country. That's all. Maybe there wasn't much of a 'military overtone' when/if you went but my son recently graduated and at the time he attended, there most definitely was a strong emphasis on serving our country. Sheesh.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Once again, I just meant there was a strong emphasis on honoring those that served/serve our country. That's all. Maybe there wasn't much of a 'military overtone' when/if you went but my son recently graduated and at the time he attended, there most definitely was a strong emphasis on serving our country. Sheesh.
Was their a strong emphasis on serving our country in general, or honoring alumni that served the country? That's a big difference and you're giving the wrong impression to folks who know nothing about the school by saying it was about the military.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:24 AM
GPC

Quote:
Was their a strong emphasis on serving our country in general, or honoring alumni that served the country?
Both. My previous post where I used both the past and present tense of serve - 'served/serve our country' - should suffice to get my point across. Chaminade is about an excellent academic education first and foremost. Religion and military life come second and third. If anyone needs clarification, feel free to send me a direct message and I'd be more than happy to discuss this in further detail. I don't wish to waste time in an open forum debating over semantics.

Again, you may have the opinion that there wasn't a 'military overtone' to Chaminade. That's fine. I, however, disagree. We're both entitled to our own viewpoints. My opinions of Chaminade remain exactly as they were before this thread was started.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Both. My previous post where I used both the past and present tense of serve - 'served/serve our country' - should suffice to get my point across. Chaminade is about an excellent academic education first and foremost. Religion and military life come second and third. If anyone needs clarification, feel free to send me a direct message and I'd be more than happy to discuss this in further detail. I don't wish to waste time in an open forum debating over semantics.

Again, you may have the opinion that there wasn't a 'military overtone' to Chaminade. That's fine. I, however, disagree. We're both entitled to our own viewpoints. My opinions of Chaminade remain exactly as they were before this thread was started.
It isn't a matter of semantics - Chaminade honors alumni who serve/have served in the military and has nothing to do with military life. You are far off base here and your post could mislead folks who are interested in the school.

The website shows the school is all about academics and religion. The only mention of the "military life" is asking for prayer for Chaminade HS family in military service. The school goes over and above to honor alumni serving in the military, but does nothing to push the "military life" or teach the "military life".

You may have misinterpreted what the Gold Star mass is about. However espousing false information on a forum is irresponsible . You have 2 alumni on this board questioning you about this. Don't you think folks who have "been through it" would know more than parents who hear's snippets from her son?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island