Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 05:50 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,180,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
Hes been reading too much good government nonsense that tells him diversity is good for society. But you'll notice the elite billionaires who run the show don't practice what they preach.
You're right. The limousine liberals would have an absolute fit if "the diverse" invaded their ivory towers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I have seen that website before. I have been in Walmarts out of NY and obviously, depending on the area, you will not see the dregs of the earth.

The problem in NY is that Walmart places their stores in areas that are not the best. They know that lower income people are their best customers up here. If you go out of state in some nicer areas the Walmarts do not attract low lifes.

Out of the NY area Walmarts are a very acceptable place to shop. Sometimes it is the only place to shop.
I don't go to Walmart ... not in NY, not anywhere ... so I will have to take your word for it.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I have seen that website before. I have been in Walmarts out of NY and obviously, depending on the area, you will not see the dregs of the earth.
Tell your girl she's taken the definition of "cougar" a bit too literally while out on a trip to Walmart.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:28 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,719,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Looks like the GA Mall is doing a lot better these days compared to that one. It's well kept and growing like crazy with new stores.

Yeah, the shoplifters from Massapequa are just way too smart to get caught like the other dopey schnooks!

Look for my pic in the "people of Walmart" website!
ROFLMAO, GA better than sunrise? Ok.
Sunrise is a nice mall. It feels like Roosevelt field to me, but without the crowds. I think the Walmart is really the only blight on that mall and that's why it's a good thing its going. To compare it to GA is pretty funny.

This is the walmart at Green Acres...(video where employee was trampled to death by walmart shoppers)

YouTube - Black friday at Wal Mart (green acres 2008)

----

And for sunrise mall, couldn't find any videos really except this one>

YouTube - Nice Scenic Dover Hydraulic Elevator at Westfield Sunrise Mall, Massapequa, NY

you get the idea. It's a nice little mall imho. The comparisons here are hilarious. And that 'walmart people website' is lame tbh. Those look like rural area walmarts to me.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Was I trying to tell someone how to live?? No.

All I was doing was suggesting, having a criteria of the most white neighborhood on LI where you pick on where to live is quite absurd.

I was born and raised in Massapequa, graduated from MHS, lived the vast majority of my life there. Plenty of good reasons to live in Massapequa, good schools, low crime, family oriented, etc without suggesting its a good place because its virtually all white. I don't understand how that is something that should be celebrated.
Sorry, I was just letting off some steam. But I see this elitist PC attitude way too often nowadays. And it is wrong imho. They try to mold people into what they see as a perfect citizen. If a person (whether they be Latino, Black, White, whatever) wants to live amongst their kind, then that is their right. That is human nature I think, wouldn't you agree? It happens all the time allover the world and has been that way since humans existed. And it seems like progressive liberals are out of control with the PC talk.

Obviously it is not going to be someones only criteria but I can tell you that it is a factor that plays a major role in most people's decisions on where to live. I saw people doing this to another poster asking about places concentrated with Christians. That poster turned out to be a troll but even if he/she wasn't trolling, I think the Christian part is what bothered people (non-Christians mainly). That is a troubling thing to see how white Christian males seem to be the main targets of racism today (or censorship, to be more accurate).

Last edited by Pequaman; 10-01-2010 at 07:02 PM..

Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 PM

22,103 posts, read 19,306,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Sorry, I was just letting off some steam. But I see this elitist PC attitude way too often nowadays. And it is wrong. If a person (whether they be Latino, Black, White, whatever) wants to live amongst their kind, then that is their right. That is human nature I think, wouldn't you agree? It happens all the time allover the world and has been that way since humans existed. And it seems like progressive liberals are out of control with the PC talk.

Obviously it is not going to be someones only criteria but I can tell you that it is a factor that plays a major role in most people's decisions on where to live. I saw people doing this to another poster asking about places concentrated with Christians. That poster turned out to be a troll but even if he/she wasn't trolling, I think the Christian part is what bothered people (non-Christians mainly). That is a troubling thing to see how white Christian males seem to be the main targets of racism today (or censorship, to be more accurate).
I don't want to get too far off topic, but the argument with the person who asked for Christians wasn't because he asked to live in an area with a Christian neighborhood. It was that he asked for "Only Christians" and the night before made numerous posts referencing "No Jews". If someone came around here with a post saying "Only Jews" or "No Christians" I'm sure they would have gotten the same treatment.

Now I think you can understand the difference between asking for an area that has a decent population of those with your background, and asking for a place that is pretty much just exclusive to those with your background. And that was my main gripe earlier. You could point to many reasons why Massapequa is a good place to live. I'm not even trying to argue that an area lacking diversity is a bad thing or anything like that, I just don't think that is something that should be celebrated or bragged about. The I moved here because its all white and has virtually no black people thing seems kind of strange.

As far as white Christian males being discriminated against or censored, I don't see it, I think that is kind of a silly remark, and I am one.

Anyway to get back on topic I am glad Walmart is going. I'm certainly not a fan, especially of their business practices. I hardly ever step foot in it, despite spending quite a bit of time at that mall. On Long Island the good thing is we have many options of where to shop, unfortunately in many of the rural areas they pretty much have complete control and you have no other options.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:57 PM

19,584 posts, read 20,406,499 times
What does any of this have to do with a Walmart in Massapequa closing anyway?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
ROFLMAO, GA better than sunrise? Ok.
Sunrise is a nice mall. It feels like Roosevelt field to me, but without the crowds. I think the Walmart is really the only blight on that mall and that's why it's a good thing its going. To compare it to GA is pretty funny.
I can see you HAVE NOT been to Roosevelt Field in a long time.

I was reacting to this comment, Cheeky PeekyBoi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldharbour
i don't think anyone from massapequa actually shops at sunrise mall with any regularity. it's rundown, half vacant, and there's a ton of crime there coming from places like brentwood and wyndanch. maybe when the walmart goes, it will take some of the garbage with it.
Note, nobody (INCLUDING YOURSELF) disagreed with that assessment. So I thought it was accurate. As I said, I haven't been there in probably 10 years. GA is better than that description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman
This is the walmart at Green Acres...(video where employee was trampled to death by walmart shoppers)
And that incident confirmed for me that Walmart is not where I wanna shop! Ever!

Quote:
It's a nice little mall imho.
We will take that for what it's worth. Other opinions from credible people on here differ markedly.

Quote:
The comparisons here are hilarious. And that 'walmart people website' is lame tbh. Those look like rural area walmarts to me.
Wassa matta? Got somethun against "country folk?"

I happen to have it on good authoritay that website accepts pics from Walmarts ANYWHERE ... even from the suburban and city slicker Walmarts! Never know one day you might see yourself on there. Now go on and pass me a PBR and let's get to drankin' buddy!

Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I can see you HAVE NOT been to Roosevelt Field in a long time.

I was reacting to this comment, Cheeky PeekyBoi:

Note, nobody (INCLUDING YOURSELF) disagreed with that assessment. So I thought it was accurate. As I said, I haven't been there in probably 10 years. GA is better than that description.

And that incident confirmed for me that Walmart is not where I wanna shop! Ever!

We will take that for what it's worth. Other opinions from credible people on here differ markedly.

Wassa matta? Got somethun against "country folk?"

I happen to have it on good authoritay that website accepts pics from Walmarts ANYWHERE ... even from the suburban and city slicker Walmarts! Never know one day you might see yourself on there. Now go on and pass me a PBR and let's get to drankin' buddy!
Hmm. Seems like you've never been to Sunrise mall. I just go there occasionally if I need a quick gift and other rare instances (we really mostly go just to snag some Arby's and Auntie Annes lol ).. It's got a lot of the chain stores that RF has, except RF is one of the biggest in the world so its tough to compare any mall to RF (variety & breadth wise).

I am no mall expert nor mall lover, I shop mostly online. However from other malls I have been to including the major ones on LI, I would say it feels safe there compared to other places. RF is a quick 12-14 minute trip for me so I have the luxury of being able to choose which I want to go to. Except around the holidays, when RF gets impossible to park or shop at because of the crowds.
That walmart vid is pretty wild, the walmart shoppers thought it was ok to break the automatic doors down and crush an employee and proceed to rush in like animals, killing the employee. Then they ran around the store like lunatics and looted the place. "Live Better" Walmart? really? I don't think so.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:00 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,487,229 times
Quote:
Hmm. Seems like you've never been to Sunrise mall. I just go there occasionally if I need a quick gift and other rare instances (we really mostly go just to snag some Arby's and Auntie Annes lol ).. It's got a lot of the chain stores that RF has, except RF is one of the biggest in the world so its tough to compare any mall to RF (variety & breadth wise).

I am no mall expert nor mall lover, I shop mostly online. However from other malls I have been to including the major ones on LI, I would say it feels safe there compared to other places. RF is a quick 12-14 minute trip for me so I have the luxury of being able to choose which I want to go to. Except around the holidays, when RF gets impossible to park or shop at because of the crowds.
That walmart vid is pretty wild, the walmart shoppers thought it was ok to break the automatic doors down and crush an employee and proceed to rush in like animals, killing the employee. Then they ran around the store like lunatics and looted the place. "Live Better" Walmart? really? I don't think so.
It's safe if you park on the west side opposite Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island