Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 01:24 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,748,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Here's a major LBC Walmart
> Gangstalking on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/12623919 - broken link)

LA is the epitome of progressive Liberals master plan (like Pelosi, Reid). This poor guy was targeted and ganged up on possibly because he was the only white guy there. This pertains to most walmarts. This is how life will end up for you if you allow walmarts to dominate your area.

follow the link here too for discussion>
LBC Walmart

I thought Walmart's main targeted shoppers were lower middle class whites. That's why it does well in the Massapequa Park/Seaford area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 04:29 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,790,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I was in that dept. for 45 min. looking for a cd without success and only one other shopper ventured in the whole time.
With Looney-Tunes right across the street, it's a wonder that the WB Kmart, even has a cd dept.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:37 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,310,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Here's a major LBC Walmart
> Gangstalking on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/12623919 - broken link)

LA is the epitome of progressive Liberals master plan (like Pelosi, Reid). This poor guy was targeted and ganged up on possibly because he was the only white guy there. This pertains to most walmarts. This is how life will end up for you if you allow walmarts to dominate your area.

follow the link here too for discussion>
LBC Walmart
If you even watched that video, you would know that they did not ALLEGEDLY try to take his bike and gang up on him because he was white and because of his race, they just saw a bike and tried to take it. I mean, i'm definitely not justifying what he was supposedly doing, but I don't see why your trying to make race a factor.

You remind me of this Republican guy I knew used to work with who always tried to play the victim and acted as if he was disadvantaged in the country when he really wasn't. He was like, "Oh, whites can't even get jobs anymore, they only hire minorities at [a company]" and " the worlds not fair because [the new manager] only got that managerial job because of affirmative action and i probably was more qualified to take on that job then him" (keep in mind he knew nothing about the other guy's qualifications)".

Last edited by LongIslandPerson; 10-07-2010 at 05:34 PM..

Old 10-07-2010, 05:17 PM

19,585 posts, read 20,412,309 times
What the...

Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,487,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
No, I live in Wading River. What's your point? That crime happens everywhere. Do I have to bring up Amy Fisher and the many other crimes that happen in Massapequa? Stop the nonsense.
Wading river makes Massapequa / seaford look like Beverly hills.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:41 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,487,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Technically Walter is correct. In fact the Nassau Shores are technically in East Massapequa, as is Massapequa High School.
Massapequa shores is Massapequa otherwise the kids would attend amityville and the property values would be half what they are now. Mhs is no where near east Massapequa I think you are confusing it with the old hs Berner.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:49 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,559,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
Massapequa shores is Massapequa otherwise the kids would attend amityville and the property values would be half what they are now. Mhs is no where near east Massapequa I think you are confusing it with the old hs Berner.
Prior to 1990, all of East Massapequa was in the Massapequa Union Free School District. Subsequent to 1990, when West Amityville (what the locals colloquially referred to as "East Massapequa") was made part of East Massapequa, two-thirds of East Massapequa is now in the Massapequa Union Free School District.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:01 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,719,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
If you even watched that video, you would know that they did not ALLEGEDLY try to take his bike and gang up on him because he was white and because of his race, they just saw a bike and tried to take it. I mean, i'm definitely not justifying what he was supposedly doing, but I don't see why your trying to make race a factor.
I watched the video and I know the story on this. But any casual observer can clearly see how NO ONE there helped the victim. There's no excuse why they didn't call police. If the victim was a minority female or male, you really think the security guards and others there would have acted the same way towards victim? I don't think so. Whether or not he was targeted because of race is another story, which I never stated that was the case. (only the thieves could know if this affected their decision to violate the man's property).

The guy in the red jersy was obviously involved. But everyone else there basically let the perp get away. Maybe if the victim were allowed to carry a weapon, the crook would have ended up in jail a lot sooner. As it turns out, the crowd by letting him go there, allowed him to steal more people's bikes but eventually he got caught and is locked up right now.
To get back to the Walmart issue, yeah, walmart sucks! if you ask me. "Live Better"- I don't think so.

Last edited by Pequaman; 10-07-2010 at 08:18 PM..

Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 PM

22,103 posts, read 19,312,195 times
Quote:
What is generally considered East Massapequa, and what is technically East Massapequa according to the Census Bureau are two totally different things.

Between the Southern State and Sunrise Highway, the border is thought to be Carmen's Road, however for the most part East Massapequa continues westward until just to the west of Park Lane, and north of Violet actually goes a few blocks further west.

Between Sunrise and Merrick Road, the border is though to be Carmen Mill Road, however East Massapequa actually continues until just east of Cartwright Blvd.

South of Merrick Road, the border is thought to be Carmen River, however technically East Massapequa also includes the Nassau Shores.

Below is a map of the Census Bureau, from just north & south of Merrick Road, right around Massapequa High School.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:32 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,748,562 times
Quote:
Wading river makes Massapequa / seaford look like Beverly hills.

I agree, that's why I moved there I wanted a more down to earth, rural environment. Not that urban almost Queens like look of the Nassau Merrick Rd towns. I bet you can throw a rock out your window and hit your neighbor's house. I can't see my neighbor's house from my window. I enjoy the hills, farms, quaint village, large properties, diverse housing stock that Wading River provides. I feel like I live in Locust Valley without the price tag,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island