Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:25 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
The most obnoxious drivers on LI , or anywhere else, are those who drive a car with:
  • A muffler the diameter of a coffee can that resonates a sound best described as a large mammal breaking wind
  • An aftermarket wing on the deck of the trunk that looks like it was glued there by a 10 year old.
  • Stickers from various and assorted vendors of aftermarket parts covering the the windows, often extending to the panels.
  • Rims that cost more than the car. I mean c'mon, a primered '89 accord with 20" chrome trims? Yikes.
  • Lastly, any driver with the brim of their hat cocked to any angle other than 180 or 360 degrees. I have no problem if you want to where your hat backward, but what made you look in the mirror and say, yup, I look good with my hat on sideways. Probabally the same thing that made you think it was a good idea to leave the stickers on the brim. Just not good

Ah yes the beloved crapbox Civic "Tuner" hoopty shoulda made the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 11:36 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
It is, and will always be the buick/cutlass/mercury sable elderly male driver....ALWAYS wearing a hat. How come they have a lead foot when it comes to jumping out in front of you, and then lose all the strength in their gas pedal once they nearly kill you and are blocking you on a two lane road....
The only thing worse is old man wearing a hat, glasses and with a pipe in his mouth!

Saw one years ago I never forgot on Sunrise Highway ... going in the wrong direction and apparently unaware ... elderly male driver and elderly female passenger! Cars were passing around them terrified! My husband had the courage/insanity to stop in front of him, get out of the car, and direct him over the median to the correct side of the road.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post

Ah yes the beloved crapbox Civic "Tuner" hoopty shoulda made the list.
Memorable Automobile Accessories:

One huge windshield wiper!

Rims that spin on their own ... when I first noticed the rims were spinning while the car wasn't moving on a car next to me at a stoplight, I swear I thought I was hallucinating from exhaustion and decided I had better go home and go straight to bed ... then I realized it wasn't my imagination ... the rims were spinning on their own!

Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Memorable Automobile Accessories:

One huge windshield wiper!

Rims that spin on their own ... when I first noticed the rims were spinning while the car wasn't moving on a car next to me at a stoplight, I swear I thought I was hallucinating from exhaustion and decided I had better go home and go straight to bed ... then I realized it wasn't my imagination ... the rims were spinning on their own!
Oh yes, the spinners. Meant to mesmerize the female in the adjacent car, sending her subliminal messages about the virility of the male driving said car.

Then there's the yahoo version of the spinner:

Truck Nutz.
TruckNutz - The Ultimate Truck Accessory™

I saw a yellow Jeep Wrangler sporting a yellow set.

Wrong. Just wrong. On so many levels.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:52 PM

Default Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Oh yes, the spinners. Meant to mesmerize the female in the adjacent car, sending her subliminal messages about the virility of the male driving said car.

Then there's the yahoo version of the spinner:

Truck Nutz.
TruckNutz - The Ultimate Truck Accessoryâ„¢

I saw a yellow Jeep Wrangler sporting a yellow set.

Wrong. Just wrong. On so many levels.
When are they gonna make a pair of ovaries us female drivers can dangle?

Old 03-08-2010, 02:10 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
The most obnoxious drivers on LI , or anywhere else, are those who drive a car with:[LIST][*]A muffler the diameter of a coffee can that resonates a sound best described as a large mammal breaking wind[*]An aftermarket wing on the deck of the trunk that looks like it was glued there by a 10 year old.[*]Stickers from various and assorted vendors of aftermarket parts covering the the windows, often extending to the panels.[*]Rims that cost more than the car. I mean c'mon, a primered '89 accord with 20" chrome trims? Yikes.[*]Lastly, any driver with the brim of their hat cocked to any angle other than 180 or 360 degrees. I have no problem if you want to where your hat backward, but what made you look in the mirror and say, yup, I look good with my hat on sideways. Probabally the same thing that made you think it was a good idea to leave the stickers on the brim. Just not good[/LIST]
And blue or pink headlights.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:59 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
When are they gonna make a pair of ovaries us female drivers can dangle?
Closest we get to that are Dagmars on the late 50's cars. Or dangling a length of clothesline out the trunk.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
Luxury Utility Vehicles, especially Escalades, Armadas, Hummers, and Yukons.
They love to tailgate, block intersections, and peel out of driveways and then creep in front of you.
The tailgating is most dangerous though, they often like to ride the bumper of smaller cars. If the car has to stop, its occupants are toast while Mrs.Soccer Mom with her Frappacino drive away unscathed, and curse out the car for stopping.
SUV's have a higher bumper height and stiff frame that breaks the rules set years ago for safer roads by having a unform frame and bumper height style on vehicles.
The SUV is all about breaking all the rules, and they drive the way they look. Keep chocking away the planet and innocent lives...idiots.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:17 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Without fail the Nissan Maxima. Always with tinted windows.
I happen to think the Maxima is a nice car, when its NOT tricked out. Unfortunately guidos and even illegal guidos (yes there is such a thing) love to trick out 80s and 90s Nissans and Hondas, put them as low to the ground as possible, and put in a subwoofer system to crank out those Hip Hop and Reaggeaton beats.
They also usually have no mufflers!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Luxury Utility Vehicles, especially Escalades, Armadas, Hummers, and Yukons.
They love to tailgate, block intersections, and peel out of driveways and then creep in front of you.
The tailgating is most dangerous though, they often like to ride the bumper of smaller cars. If the car has to stop, its occupants are toast while Mrs.Soccer Mom with her Frappacino drive away unscathed, and curse out the car for stopping.
SUV's have a higher bumper height and stiff frame that breaks the rules set years ago for safer roads by having a unform frame and bumper height style on vehicles.
The SUV is all about breaking all the rules, and they drive the way they look. Keep chocking away the planet and innocent lives...idiots.
if only you could get away with speaking your mind about minorities just like this... sounds like you've got the generalization thing down pat... but surprised there's no bit about soccer moms while on cellphones tending to their screaming kids in the back.

EDIT>> oh I read too quickly... you did sort of touch on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: