Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:42 PM

334 posts, read 1,102,716 times

Advertisements

I don't see any mention of Floral Park in this thread yet--that's one town/village that would be a decent commute for Roslyn Heights and where you can find apartments for under $1500. I just did a search on MLSLI and there were a number of garden apartments for $1400.
If you want to be as close to work as possible, I_Love_LI_but's list is good; probably the most affordable on that list are Mineola and Williston Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 PM

334 posts, read 1,102,716 times
I happened to drive through Roslyn today and saw 2 apartment complexes on Main St. near the park, Silver Hill and Flower Gardens. I don't know anything about them apart from the location. Here's a thread with some great photos of the pond and park:
//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...nd-photos.html

Old 03-22-2010, 12:06 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk90 View Post
I don't see any mention of Floral Park in this thread yet--that's one town/village that would be a decent commute for Roslyn Heights and where you can find apartments for under $1500. I just did a search on MLSLI and there were a number of garden apartments for $1400.
If you want to be as close to work as possible, I_Love_LI_but's list is good; probably the most affordable on that list are Mineola and Williston Park.
I agree ... Village of Floral Park is a good pick too. I knew I would forget something ...

Old 03-22-2010, 12:24 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk90 View Post
I don't see any mention of Floral Park in this thread yet ...

The geography of Floral Park can be confusing because Floral Park is one of those villages and hamlets on Long Island where many of the places with the community name as part of their mailing address (1,285 acres) are not in the village (903 acres):

Places with a "Floral Park, NY 11001" mailing address that are not in the Village of Floral Park are in the Village of South Floral Park, the Village of Bellerose, the Hamlet of Bellerose Terrace, the Hamlet of North New Hyde Park and the Hamlet of Elmont.

A map of the Village of Floral Park in the Town of North Hempstead and the Town of Hempstead, Nassau County
:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/Floral-park-ny-map.gif (broken link)

Old 03-24-2010, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,338 times
I would also look at the area around Roslyn. For example, Mineola whichis only a couple of miles south, would be a good place to find a nice place for a reasonable amount of money.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:28 PM
HI7

7 posts, read 24,936 times
Great Neck will be the best for you. Try craiglist. I saw 1 bed. apartments for $1450. You will be OK there. Its the best place to live near Roslyn if you like city too.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:13 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI7 View Post
Great Neck will be the best for you.

The geography of Great Neck can be extremely confusing because Great Neck is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where the majority of the places with the community name as part of their mailing address (6,022 acres) are not in the village (866 acres).

Places that have a "Great Neck, NY 11020 through 11024" mailing address that are not in the Village of Great Neck are in the Village of Great Neck Estates, the Hamlet of Great Neck Gardens, the Village of Great Neck Plaza, the Hamlet of Harbor Hills, the Village of Kensington, the Village of Kings Point, the Village of Lake Success, the Village of Russell Gardens, the Village of Saddle Rock, the Hamlet of Saddle Rock Estates, the Village of Thomaston and the Hamlet of University Gardens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island