Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,673,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Arby's/Roy Rogers=McDonalds/Burger King

I liked Arby's and Roys. Had both in my town growing up.
I had to give up fast food altogether recently. Otherwise I'd definitely not make my 40th birthday. That stuff, although it tastes real good, is poison.
It will eventually kill you.
Explain exactly how it is suppose to kill you. I'm still wondering how a hamburger is deadly. Of course, if you are tofu eater than anything but soy beans, and its many varieties, is poison.

Let's stop blaming one type of food for killing/poisoning/fattening America. Take the advice they gave long ago...eat a balanced diet.

and drink lots of alcoholic beverages too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 09:10 AM

19,576 posts, read 20,401,433 times
I'd rather eat looseleaf paper than tofu.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:40 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,470,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Explain exactly how it is suppose to kill you. I'm still wondering how a hamburger is deadly. Of course, if you are tofu eater than anything but soy beans, and its many varieties, is poison.

Let's stop blaming one type of food for killing/poisoning/fattening America. Take the advice they gave long ago...eat a balanced diet.

and drink lots of alcoholic beverages too.
If you exercise regularly - and I don't mean power walking around your office parking lot during lunch, ladies - you can eat whatever the hell you want and live a hundred years.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:02 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,640,613 times
Any time I see or hear the word Arby's, this is what I think:

YouTube - Arby's

Old 03-19-2010, 04:34 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,556,344 times
"The delicious Arby's" is a running joke in "Rock of Ages"

Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,229,711 times
Quote:

I had to give up fast food altogether recently. Otherwise I'd definitely not make my 40th birthday. That stuff, although it tastes real good, is poison.
hotkarl, I am sorry, I always pictured you, from your posts, as in your 50's at least.

I agree that too much of this crap is bad but a little here and there isnt so the end.

I used to be a 'white castle when I was drunk only' guy but in the past few years I have begun to crave it, I hit it about 1- times every three months or so.

How about Sonic though? We get the commercials all the time but none on LI. I finally hit one in south NJ and loved it, it is like a drive up old school place.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:41 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,291,715 times
Quote:

How can you even mention Arbys in the same sentence as McDonald's? I'm not saying Arby's is exactly healthy, but it is much less greasy and salty than McDonald's and Burger King. Wendys used to be better, but now they are in the same league as McDonalds and BK. Arbys is the only "fast food" place that doesn't mess up my stomach. Other than sandwich shops like Subway.
Obviously, I'm not saying one should eat at Arbys every day. But once a week isnt going to kill you.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 AM

19,576 posts, read 20,401,433 times
Not comparing Arby's to McD's.
I was saying Arby's vs Roys is the same as BK vs McD's
They are each others direct competition. Yin and Yang.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:21 PM

137 posts, read 353,885 times
its progress. cant stop it!

Old 03-21-2010, 07:49 PM

496 posts, read 1,247,418 times
my first burger (i think that is what those mini disgusting things were) in the US was from WC. i puked after two bites. every time we travel and i see a WC i gag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island