Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:51 AM

137 posts, read 356,788 times

Advertisements

The town is an embarrassment to nassau county. I would never step foot in there. Do you know how many homes I worked at in Roosevelt over the past 10 years? NONE! That should tell you something. Howard Stern even regrets living there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 AM

217 posts, read 255,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLOWMONTE View Post
The town is an embarrassment to nassau county. I would never step foot in there. Do you know how many homes I worked at in Roosevelt over the past 10 years? NONE! That should tell you something. Howard Stern even regrets living there.
Both solid reasons to stay away from roosevelt.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 AM

964 posts, read 2,462,860 times
There is no doubt Roosevelt sucks, but her husband works in Brownsville. Brownsville! The OP didn't say where exactly she lived in Queens, but it might be a step up. That's why I wasn't my usual negative self when it comes to Roosevelt posts.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
There is no doubt Roosevelt sucks, but her husband works in Brownsville. Brownsville! The OP didn't say where exactly she lived in Queens, but it might be a step up. That's why I wasn't my usual negative self when it comes to Roosevelt posts.
Actually, there are quite a few nice neighborhoods in Queens that are predominantly African-American with middle and upper middle class residents I can think of like Cambria Heights.

IMO only Far Rockaway or Jamaica, Queens equates the same level of crime as Brownsville.

Her husband is a grown man who can take care of himself in Brownsville!

Her daughter is a child.

I wouldn't subject any child to the Roosevelt schools by choice ...

Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
I thought the OP was talking about Rosedale.

Guess Rosedale is just as bad as Roosevelt hahaha

Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 AM

58 posts, read 202,485 times
Thank you all for the replies, I'm currently in rosedale border town to valley stream. It's a very nice area but they mostly have 2fam homes and that's not what we want, and the single fam are too small with little backyard. Trust me, we looked into valley stream & lynbrook but we had no luck. I found homes in our price range but needed a lot of work done and that was not on our budget. I deffinetly checked the school district and it is Roosevelt because of the zip code. The house is very close to Queen of the most holy rosary school, anyone heard of it? How is it?? What other private schools would you recommend and how much should I expect to pay? I have two girls.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I thought the OP was talking about Rosedale.

Guess Rosedale is just as bad as Roosevelt hahaha
Uh no.

Your guess is wrong. Rosedale is a lot better.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Uh no.

Your guess is wrong. Rosedale is a lot better.
Are you serious? I hate driving through Rosedale I need to take a ride to Roosevelt

Old 03-30-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Are you serious? I hate driving through Rosedale I need to take a ride to Roosevelt
Keep your doors locked!

Rosedale may look a little grimy in spots (Merrick Blvd., near the CIP, etc.), but it is actually a relatively low crime area with middle class residents. It also has a new PS/IS school for the neighborhood kiddies.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Keep your doors locked!

Rosedale may look a little grimy in spots (Merrick Blvd., near the CIP, etc.), but it is actually a relatively low crime area with middle class residents. It also has a new PS/IS school for the neighborhood kiddies.
My Rosedale trips consist of coming from Rosedale Rd (near VS), through Francis Lewis Blvd, then onto Brookville Rd.

Pretty grimy if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island