Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:07 AM

65 posts, read 192,699 times

Advertisements

I have Fios since December of 2011. So far the service is great. Verizon did mix up my bill from my previous address and my current address. It took literately almost 10 phone calls to fix it. When I signed up (Double Play, Internet & TV) they told me the price is good for 2 years. The reality is that they combined a few promotions together to get to that price for 2 years and some of the promotion expires in 3 months or 6 months. You'll have to call Verizon to see if they have other promotions in order to save a few bucks per month.

Other than some billing issue, the TV and internet service have no issue. I use Ooma for phone service and it has been great. All I pay per month is $3 something for the tax and it's free for life as long as the company is running. If anyone need a referral please let me know. You'll get a $50 credit from a referral and I get $25. We both win.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,245,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsuggestion View Post
Among the many benefits of FIOS, I can now watch the NFL network. Try doing that with CV.

Matt
One of my biggest reasons for making the switch. Every time CV calls me to come back I can easily shut them down (as recently as last night) by asking if they get NFLN. They always try to say how much I don't need it and how I can get the NFL package with Direct TV but don't listen tot he fact that I watch NFLN all year long.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
Football!!!

Old 05-05-2011, 01:58 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
pequadude= is/was Kenny Guido

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...do-381622.html

He said he was going to change his username to something else, but never did.
What makes you think he is Kenny Guido? Kenny lived by the water. I don't think Pequadude does. Kenny also seemed older than Pequadude.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What makes you think he is Kenny Guido? Kenny lived by the water. I don't think Pequadude does. Kenny also seemed older than Pequadude.

Not to try and be Matlock, but Pequadude joined shortly after Kenny stopped posting, has said he's married and said he's had problems with Verizon since the big split of Ma Bell that formed Verizon, which does put some years on him.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM

338 posts, read 777,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
I'm in California and have had Fios for over 3 years with no issues. Hope you all enjoy it out there!

wow....and yet you comment on long island's fios?

Old 05-05-2011, 04:24 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequadude View Post
wow....and yet you comment on long island's fios?
you DON'T have FIOS and you're commenting on it.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
I'll forever HATE Verizon and their over-rated Fios tout!
A year and a half ago, we decided that we'd give their fibber optics a try. Some kid came to our door, a newly hired field representative for Verizon,
and made an unbeatable offer, if we'd drop CV and to go with them for a clear savings of a few bucks and a considerable boost in our internet speed.
Because I was then (and still am) unemployed and certainly looking to slim down my monthly outgoing nut, I was really eager as an internetter, to take
advantage of their guaranteed savings, and to go with their service. I had only one stipulation, and that was, that I could keep my phone number, the
telephone number that Cablevision had been providing for the thirty-some-odd years in which they have been providing television, phone and internet
service to my home. As a fact, the telephone number that I had before they muddled in my affairs, was the original phone number given to me when we
moved here, back in 1974!

The sales kid who signed me up reassured me that keeping my number wouldn't be a problem at all, he all but guaranteed it! The day that Verizon
came in and installed all of their impressive equipment, they assigned me what they called a temporary "tie-in" number, it was in the 226 exchange and made
it clear to us that all, or any incoming calls that were made to my original phone number, would be rerouted via their automated system to this new and
"temporary" number which they had assigned to us, that it would take a few days for them to make the final changeover at their end. A week later,
the change had still not been made and after speaking with every stinking service rep, sales person, manager and technician, they apologized profusely,
the reestablishment of my phone number by this big Verizon company, was impossible, they were not able to keep their promise and the only way that I
could retain the original telephone number, was to call back to Cablevision and take out only my phone service from them, Verizon was now offering to
provide my internet service and my television service but if I wanted my phone number to remain the same, that only Cablevision could help me there.

The best that they could do was to give us 6 months of free ShoTime programming, that was it! Last July, Cablevision sent their top rated, heavyweight
salesman to my house with an offer that I couldn't refuse, they paid my Verizon disconnect penalty, gave me "boost" on their internet connection, a N/C DVR
box for a year, and their three-way package, all for about half of what the Verizon gang was extorting from me for what I'd call little more than mediocre service.
I'm happy to be back in Cablevision's corner but still view my whole episode with Verizon, with a fair measure of bitterness.

Oh, but I'm in NO WAY connected to that pequadude guy. Can you hear me now?

ttyl, Eddie...

Old 05-05-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
you DON'T have FIOS and you're commenting on it.
I almost did and I hear enough horror stories to know better and stay away.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
I'll forever HATE Verizon and their over-rated Fios tout!
A year and a half ago, we decided that we'd give their fibber optics a try. Some kid came to our door, a newly hired field representative for Verizon,
and made an unbeatable offer, if we'd drop CV and to go with them for a clear savings of a few bucks and a considerable boost in our internet speed.
Because I was then (and still am) unemployed and certainly looking to slim down my monthly outgoing nut, I was really eager as an internetter, to take
advantage of their guaranteed savings, and to go with their service. I had only one stipulation, and that was, that I could keep my phone number, the
telephone number that Cablevision had been providing for the thirty-some-odd years in which they have been providing television, phone and internet
service to my home. As a fact, the telephone number that I had before they muddled in my affairs, was the original phone number given to me when we
moved here, back in 1974!

The sales kid who signed me up reassured me that keeping my number wouldn't be a problem at all, he all but guaranteed it! The day that Verizon
came in and installed all of their impressive equipment, they assigned me what they called a temporary "tie-in" number, it was in the 226 exchange and made
it clear to us that all, or any incoming calls that were made to my original phone number, would be rerouted via their automated system to this new and
"temporary" number which they had assigned to us, that it would take a few days for them to make the final changeover at their end. A week later,
the change had still not been made and after speaking with every stinking service rep, sales person, manager and technician, they apologized profusely,
the reestablishment of my phone number by this big Verizon company, was impossible, they were not able to keep their promise and the only way that I
could retain the original telephone number, was to call back to Cablevision and take out only my phone service from them, Verizon was now offering to
provide my internet service and my television service but if I wanted my phone number to remain the same, that only Cablevision could help me there.

The best that they could do was to give us 6 months of free ShoTime programming, that was it! Last July, Cablevision sent their top rated, heavyweight
salesman to my house with an offer that I couldn't refuse, they paid my Verizon disconnect penalty, gave me "boost" on their internet connection, a N/C DVR
box for a year, and their three-way package, all for about half of what the Verizon gang was extorting from me for what I'd call little more than mediocre service.
I'm happy to be back in Cablevision's corner but still view my whole episode with Verizon, with a fair measure of bitterness.

Oh, but I'm in NO WAY connected to that pequadude guy. Can you hear me now?

ttyl, Eddie...

nice!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island