Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 02:37 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
So if you are in a dark area, its trash? That would mean over half the US is trash as there are areas with no lights at night.

Gotta love the bougie esthetic. No McMansion, no clear cut trees, no sidewalks="white trash".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 07:00 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Nah, not that I've ever heard of.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,102 times
Visit MYRonkonkoma.com to learn about the 2 towns that share a name and zip code. The brookhaven side is in the sachem school district and the Islip side is in the Connetquot school district with Bohemia and Oakdale.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 AM

16 posts, read 52,273 times
OMG, yes. A lot of outeast has a lot of WT.

The Ronkonkomas, mastic beach&mastic, hamptons bays, shirley, middle island, rocky point, the patchogues, brookhaven, riverhead, etc.

But not everyone there is WT.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 AM

6,985 posts, read 7,047,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney5000 View Post
OMG, yes. A lot of outeast has a lot of WT.

The Ronkonkomas, mastic beach&mastic, hamptons bays, shirley, middle island, rocky point, the patchogues, brookhaven, riverhead, etc.

But not everyone there is WT.
Ronkonkoma is not "outeast" [sic], compared to the other places you listed. And it is definitely not in the same category either. Are you confusing it with somewhere else?

Old 07-04-2013, 04:49 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,358,240 times
Ronkonkoma is pretty huge. Doesn't it span a few exits on the LIE? Either way, I wouldn't consider it as I feel it is full of trash for the most part. I bought a house in Holtsville and lived there for seven years. I was from Nassau and never heard much about it other than the IRS is there. If you asked me if you should move there, I would tell you it is semi white trash. Actually, I consider most of Suffolk white trash. Of course there are the Setaukets, Old Fields, Dix Hills and Stony Brooks but those are few and far between. I met 1000 times more nut jobs in Suffolk in 7 years than I ever did in The 43 years I lived in Nassau. The further you get from the city and civilization, the crazier the people are. That is why it costs fearless to live out there. You get the people who cannot afford to live closer to the city. So, you get mostly low wage, EBT people. Go west young man.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:49 AM

265 posts, read 945,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Ronkonkoma is pretty huge. Doesn't it span a few exits on the LIE? Either way, I wouldn't consider it as I feel it is full of trash for the most part. I bought a house in Holtsville and lived there for seven years. I was from Nassau and never heard much about it other than the IRS is there. If you asked me if you should move there, I would tell you it is semi white trash. Actually, I consider most of Suffolk white trash. Of course there are the Setaukets, Old Fields, Dix Hills and Stony Brooks but those are few and far between. I met 1000 times more nut jobs in Suffolk in 7 years than I ever did in The 43 years I lived in Nassau. The further you get from the city and civilization, the crazier the people are. That is why it costs fearless to live out there. You get the people who cannot afford to live closer to the city. So, you get mostly low wage, EBT people. Go west young man.
Lmao @ this post. Classic citydata delusion and fearmongering.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:05 AM

6,985 posts, read 7,047,020 times
Quote:
That has to be he most ridiculous post I've ever seen. Most of us who can't afford to live closer to the city are just honest, hardworking people. Also, there are some that could afford to live closer to the city, but for whatever reason choose not to.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:51 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Holtsville has a few sections also, one which is made up of old summer houses by the LIE, and which is borderline trashy. The rest of Holtsville is basically Massapequa East with more sq footage and land. There's a particular type of small mindedness that centers more around Infiniti's, hair gel, and shaving body hair, as opposed to pickup trucks and chewing tabacco.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:57 AM

199 posts, read 1,106,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
That has to be he most ridiculous post I've ever seen. Most of us who can't afford to live closer to the city are just honest, hardworking people. Also, there are some that could afford to live closer to the city, but for whatever reason choose not to.
I agree: my family chose to settle in Suffolk County despite being able to comfortably afford most places in Nassau County. There are countless other people like us who made similar choices too so we are not by any means an 'exception to the rule'.

You get more house for your money in Suffolk County. I could never rationalize spending $550,000 on some little generic split level box on a small property in Nassau County 20 inches away from the neighbors house when you could just get a big house on a good-size lot or new construction in most of Suffolk for that.

Quality of life is also much better in Suffolk County than Nassau. Nassau County has much worse traffic, much more crowded beaches, higher taxes and much less personal space. Suffolk is also much more laid back, friendly and less snobby on average.

But to each their own..

Last edited by Guidance100; 07-05-2013 at 12:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island