Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:47 PM

815 posts, read 2,052,093 times

Advertisements

Are you talking about Ronkonkoma or Lake Ronkonkoma? Walter, help me out here! I lived in Lake Ronkonkoma for 9 years, and it was not really white trashy. George Burns started his career in Lake Ronkonkoma, with an ice skating dog. It has its rough edges, but I would not call it white trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 07:47 PM

110 posts, read 456,396 times
Ronkonkoma is not white trash. If you want white trash check out Mastic beach.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:02 AM

63 posts, read 238,272 times
I have quite a few friends in that area who are hard working bankers. Some of whom have lived in Ronkonkoma for at least 20 years. I don't think they are "white trash".

Old 05-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudimmigrant View Post
I have quite a few friends in that area who are hard working bankers. Some of whom have lived in Ronkonkoma for at least 20 years. I don't think they are "white trash".
Ronk is not white trash. Like I said before, theres white trash in Mastic beach. Theres black trash is North Bellport. Avoid both areas.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:45 PM

10 posts, read 30,863 times
Default Yes, Ronkonkoma sure is White Trash

Trust me, I lived in Ron Compton for almost a year and it was the worst three years of my life! I lived off of School House Road right near the Welfare Apartments . The two real agent whores told me that it was it was really Nesconset. (It was Mills Path) One of the agents said "You don't have to rent it. No one's putting a gun to your head." My neighbors were a divorcee with tatoos on her clevage, her boyfriend is a druggie who likes oxycontin. My upstairs neighbor is a drugged out crcak ho and her boyfriend is a scuzzy dirt bag (neither of them work all they do is smoke crack in front of her kid)and the landlord is a slimy gypsy prick. Last Summer I nearly wents nuts between the crack ho arguing with her then boyfriend the taooted cleavage gal beating on her boyfriend it was lots of laughs. The landlord turned a deaf ear to it. Do I have an ax to grind? Yes I do. I would nver ever live on that side of the lake again! So yeah, certain parts of Ronkonkoma are white trash for sure!

Last edited by worried guy; 05-28-2010 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 05-28-2010, 07:56 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,027,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worried guy View Post
Trust me, I lived in Ron Compton for almost a year and it was the worst three years of my life! I lived off of School House Road right near the Welfare Apartments . The two real agent whores told me that it was it was really Nesconset. (It was Mills Path) One of the agents said "You don't have to rent it. No one's putting a gun to your head." My neighbors were a divorcee with tatoos on her clevage, her boyfriend is a druggie who likes oxycontin. My upstairs neighbor is a drugged out crcak ho and her boyfriend is a scuzzy dirt bag (neither of them work all they do is smoke crack in front of her kid)and the landlord is a slimy gypsy prick. Last Summer I nearly wents nuts between the crack ho arguing with her then boyfriend the taooted cleavage gal beating on her boyfriend it was lots of laughs. The landlord turned a deaf ear to it. Do I have an ax to grind? Yes I do. I would nver ever live on that side of the lake again! So yeah, certain parts of Ronkonkoma are white trash for sure!
I actually think MTV might have picked that up... should've marketed your own reality show there.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:00 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I actually think MTV might have picked that up... should've marketed your own reality show there.
Great! Just great! Not funny!

Don't give them any ideas!

Soon they will have enough fodder to hang around and film COPS over there and smear the name of all of Long Island!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:41 AM

10 posts, read 30,863 times
Default To Mikey Kid

Either that or sell it as a pilot to Fox or the CW "Long Island White Trash", maybe we can get Shannen Doherty or Pamela Anderson!

Last edited by worried guy; 05-29-2010 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: Tori Spelling

Old 05-30-2010, 07:15 AM

Default Ronkonkoma is not white trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by worried guy View Post
You found one tiny area in Ronkonkoma that had undesireables. Dont make it sound like the whole area is like that. Its really not.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:11 AM

51 posts, read 168,197 times
Its not that bad. Just some low lifes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island