Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
"Hey you kids...get off my lawn!"

Ah, it's a gang thing, not a sports thing. gotcha.
Why else would a "Hispanic" wear such clothing?

Not even a clever troll dman.

So what did the HR director say? Did you convince him to only hire Hispanics that aren't sports fans?
Are you being deliberately obtuse? I really hope so.

Talk to a cop about why a Latino guy living on Long Island is wearing a Los Angeles Kings Hockey jersey. If the guy isn't an Latin Kings gang member, somebody might want to tell him to be careful where he goes alone sporting his hockey fandom, because people from other gangs are going to get the wrong idea.

Scared white folks, right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 02:23 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,297,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Tell It Like It Is » Gang Clothing
"Ø LA Dodgers: Gangster Disciples - initial “D” for Disciples"

Gangs thrive in a world of styles, symbols

[SIZE=2]"Los Angeles Kings apparel is often worn by Latin Kings members. They wear it because of the team's nickname"

[/SIZE]
Thanks for the update!

I admit to being (formerly) clueless on this nuance of gangbanging ...

Old 05-04-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Thanks for the update!

Maybe I'm privy to some highly classified information or something?

When the police came to my wifes school and told the staff that that the kids wearing certain team hats and Jerseys weren't actually fans but showing gang affiliation and the school banned them, that was just a bunch of white people being scared. Nothing to see here, don't worry Long Island, you're immune to these kinds of problems.

Latin Kings gang roundup in Huntington, Long Island - 3/26/10 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com

Holy smokes.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
There is NOTHING more entertaining than a bunch of scared white folks.

You guys rock.
Watching you trumpet your ignorance is puzzling, but no, not entertaining.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:46 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,343,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Maybe I'm privy to some highly classified information or something?

When the police came to my wifes school and told the staff that that the kids wearing certain team hats and Jerseys weren't actually fans but showing gang affiliation and the school banned them, that was just a bunch of white people being scared. Nothing to see here, don't worry Long Island, you're immune to these kinds of problems.

Latin Kings gang roundup in Huntington, Long Island - 3/26/10 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com

Holy smokes.

Yeah, the cops "Warned" the school.
You claim to be really in touch with the schools but COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE KIDS.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Thanks for the update!

See that! Now you know everything!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:50 PM

Still waiting to hear what you told the HR guy...

Old 05-04-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the cops "Warned" the school.
You claim to be really in touch with the schools but COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE KIDS.
Yes, they did. They came to the school and had a meeting with board members and teachers and told them that there were gangs seeking to recruit in the school due to the growing Latino population.

You're hip with the kids and are aware of a large Latino contingent of LA Kings fans and LA Dodger fans who prefer the black version of the cap..?

It isn't 1985 anymore, Scott. I know you're trying to take the "I'm a swinging cool hip kinda guy in step with the shorties and dman is a knee jerking racist" angle, but you're just..really horribly wrong on this one.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Still waiting to hear what you told the HR guy...

I'm thinking that if she is as ignorant about this stuff as you are, she may go into a fit of denial about it also.

The guy is just a really big Dodger fan with his black and gold LA Dodger hat (what happened to Dodger blue?), he's simply expressing his individuality via fashion!! I'm just uptight and racist.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:55 PM

Yeah. So what did the HR guy say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island