Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:48 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,561,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Y' lucky bastid.

BTW have you taken your girl to Sweets of the Spoon yet?

Crooks
AAB run 5/24. I have it marked in my planner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 07:43 PM

71 posts, read 192,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcba View Post
Funny b/c I am also looking in that area ! I have a friend who lives there, she loves it ! but her taxes are 15k !!! The down falls I feel are : 1/2 day kindergarten and you do not have a choice on am or pm, no UPK, no special services (speech, ot, pt) unless you fight tooth & nail for them and still there is no guarantee and the taxes are so high !!!! I am also considering shoreham/wading river but the taxes and the schools really need alot of updating and I do not think they have the money for it. Rocky point is looking real promising to me...they have full day kindergarten, UPK, from what i hear they have tons of programs to offer. Mt Sinai is also nice. Can you see that I am totally undecided LOL but leaning towards RP. The only down fall (no pun intended) is it's very hilly in areas and I have 4 young children and I really want a piece of property we can utilize. I will be following this thread to get more info ! good luck and we just may be neighbors one day
Don't take this the wrong way but I love that you're confused, too...misery loves company! There are so many towns to consider, it's ridiculous. You can be looking at a beachy own, a cute village-y town, a pretty rural town, typical suburb...on top of that, throw in commutes, schools, access to amenities...I don't know about you, but I think it's going to take longer than I thought to narrow down something -- and then THAT'S just to get to the towns I want to seriously consider!

Good luck to you too, neighbor! Will be fun to see where we both end up.

Thank God it's Friday...all this thinking makes me need a drink!!!

Old 05-07-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Please ignore Bruce..he is at loggerheads with Crooks and doesn't approve of Rocky Point. As an indifferent observer...I live in Axe Body Spray Country...I can say, with no hesitation, that MP and RP are fine areas and I wouldn't hesitate to move there. Of course, I still prefer the Axe Body Spray Zone of Long Island....after all, we do have All American Burger.

OK, OK...for those of us not in the know...where the hell is "Axe Body Spray Country"...and where is All American Burger???!!?!! You've got everyone here drooling...I need to know!

Old 05-07-2010, 08:47 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,561,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl! View Post
OK, OK...for those of us not in the know...where the hell is "Axe Body Spray Country"...and where is All American Burger???!!?!! You've got everyone here drooling...I need to know!
Massapequa.

All American is YUMMO!

Old 05-08-2010, 06:39 AM

347 posts, read 1,347,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Districts IMHO

Schools

1)Mt Sinai
2)Miller Place (except for elementary, Special Ed and UPK/ RP is awesome)
3)Rocky Point.
I don't think this was mentioned previously, but Mt. Sinai also has 1/2 day Kindergarden and I highly doubt they have UPK. And the taxes in Mt. Sinai don't seem much better than Miller Place.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:43 AM

149 posts, read 343,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl! View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but I love that you're confused, too...misery loves company! There are so many towns to consider, it's ridiculous. You can be looking at a beachy own, a cute village-y town, a pretty rural town, typical suburb...on top of that, throw in commutes, schools, access to amenities...I don't know about you, but I think it's going to take longer than I thought to narrow down something -- and then THAT'S just to get to the towns I want to seriously consider!

Good luck to you too, neighbor! Will be fun to see where we both end up.

Thank God it's Friday...all this thinking makes me need a drink!!!
You are too funny !!! Lets play the lottery so we can buy a house with every option LOL. Keep in touch and share any info

Old 05-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcba View Post
You are too funny !!! Lets play the lottery so we can buy a house with every option LOL. Keep in touch and share any info

At this point, that sounds like as good an idea as any! I'll be thinking of you when I buy my ticket today!

I think I'll go for the beach house first (since summer's coming) and then maybe some beautiful to-die-for house in Cold Spring Harbor.

Ahh...dreams...

Old 05-08-2010, 09:16 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,101,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villager-li View Post
I don't think this was mentioned previously, but Mt. Sinai also has 1/2 day Kindergarden and I highly doubt they have UPK. And the taxes in Mt. Sinai don't seem much better than Miller Place.
No, but the schools are blue ribbon.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:11 AM

3 posts, read 4,370 times
Have lived in MP for 4 years almost and since day one, all the lifers accepted us like we were family. The community is awesome and people show up for all local events. You have older sections of MP and they have added some new communities recently. Travel on Echo Ave and there is a small corner mall with deli and pizza and the corner store. Travel down North Country Road in Miller Place and check out all the old original homes, plus stop for the best ice cream on Long Island at McNulty's. The School District was the main reason we moved here. And we came from a really good school district in Middle Country. This one is even better.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:13 AM

3 posts, read 4,370 times
I am actually selling my house on Woodland Road in Miller Place. Call ReMax Platinum of Selden. Very negotiable for we are moving down south. Less than 2 miles from Cedar Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island