Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:43 AM

991 posts, read 4,618,237 times

Advertisements

how about this for an experience? Last month I switched oil companies, the driver said to me Did you buy this house recently, I said no, he said you had it for sale last summer? I said yes, and he said oh I came to the open house twice and the real estate told me you were not negotiable, first of all the realtor told us no one came to the open house and second we were 20,000 dollars negotiation room. I am glad you had a good experience, but and article I read once said they are the most mistrusted people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 01:48 PM

549 posts, read 2,194,440 times
Not fond of any brokers I have met on Long Island.
Just pay 500 bucks get on mls, offer 2% to the broker and see what happens.

I doubt a broker is going to be able to do anything other than put it on mls to get your house sold.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:09 PM

491 posts, read 828,830 times
Agents are greedy evil contemptuous rats do it yourself

A Real Estate agent caused me nothing but problems, I warned them TWICE not to bring certain people here, there moneys no good. The agents did anyway.
(I will not shaft my neighbors or deal with certan people)
Dumped the agent and sold it with my lawyer.

By law real estate agents cant discriminate, an owner who resides on the premisis CAN discriminate. This also applys if you rent a lets say a basement apartment and reside on the premisis.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:03 AM

106 posts, read 578,558 times
How about this one, I reduced my house 2 weeks ago and spoke to my broker yesterday, asked her why I have not had 1 showing in months, she told me to reduce my price again and give a greater incentive for the brokers to show it so in other words to increase my commission to 5%...this way the brokers can make $30,000 instead of $24,000 for doing nothing...in my next life i want to be a real estate broker!!!!! When my listing ends it is FSBO for me...

Old 06-18-2007, 10:26 AM

I wish more people would realize that FSBO can work, my Uncle had his house on the market in Massapequa last summer, It sat for a year, at below market, guess waht? it sold in 5 days when you used FSBO, for the year he was listed, he had no showings, he reduced the price only 5,000 to start and at his own open house he had 25 people come to see it, he later found out the real estate was getting calls on the house, but wanted to finish trying to sell older listings, this was with a national company!I know 4 real estates in my area that people are so unhappy with they are all going FSBO.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardlwag View Post
How about this one, I reduced my house 2 weeks ago and spoke to my broker yesterday, asked her why I have not had 1 showing in months, she told me to reduce my price again and give a greater incentive for the brokers to show it so in other words to increase my commission to 5%...this way the brokers can make $30,000 instead of $24,000 for doing nothing...in my next life i want to be a real estate broker!!!!! When my listing ends it is FSBO for me...
This is why they are scum.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
I wish more people would realize that FSBO can work, my Uncle had his house on the market in Massapequa last summer, It sat for a year, at below market, guess waht? it sold in 5 days when you used FSBO, for the year he was listed, he had no showings, he reduced the price only 5,000 to start and at his own open house he had 25 people come to see it, he later found out the real estate was getting calls on the house, but wanted to finish trying to sell older listings, this was with a national company!I know 4 real estates in my area that people are so unhappy with they are all going FSBO.
Does the fsbo website get that much traffic? I wasnt sure how many people went to fsbo as oppossed to realtor or mlsli.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:34 PM

77 posts, read 430,103 times
We are FSBO and since listing the end of February we've had 2150 hits (today's count so far). Now, you tell us - is this good given the fact these people are looking at OUR house? Realtors will tell you by listing on the MLS they get thousands of people looking; however, they are NOT looking at one but several houses and in different price ranges than ours. We have had some calls. We put out the sign they provide for us - we fill the plastic "TAKE ONE" box with flyers and watch them disappear. We put out our own open house signs whenever we feel like it and someone ALWAYS stops. We put flyers on the library community board and take flyers to the grocery stores for their community boards. We email all our friends with the listing number and tell them to pass it along. We feel it's just a matter of time before the RIGHT person walks through the door - we don't necessarily feel any realtor agent or broker will be the one to find that person. We are in control - not the realtor and we are not committed to anyone for any length of time nor do we have to play "commission games" - I say, go for it - you have nothing to lose doing it FSBO ! We did pay a flat fee but the listing doesn't expire and it is posted on other web pages as well. The flat fee is small when you think of those outrageous commission monies these realtors get - they are NOT doing enough to earn that money.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:19 PM

I do not understand why people do not like fsbo, besides my Uncle, my friend sold her house during Christmas time, and bought her house fsbo also, she got a great deal, the woman could reduce the price 30 thousand because she did not have to pay commision. In N.Y you need a lawyer so your rights are protected and secondly if you are getting a home inspection what is the difference?

Old 06-19-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY652 View Post
We are FSBO and since listing the end of February we've had 2150 hits (today's count so far). Now, you tell us - is this good given the fact these people are looking at OUR house? Realtors will tell you by listing on the MLS they get thousands of people looking; however, they are NOT looking at one but several houses and in different price ranges than ours. We have had some calls. We put out the sign they provide for us - we fill the plastic "TAKE ONE" box with flyers and watch them disappear. We put out our own open house signs whenever we feel like it and someone ALWAYS stops. We put flyers on the library community board and take flyers to the grocery stores for their community boards. We email all our friends with the listing number and tell them to pass it along. We feel it's just a matter of time before the RIGHT person walks through the door - we don't necessarily feel any realtor agent or broker will be the one to find that person. We are in control - not the realtor and we are not committed to anyone for any length of time nor do we have to play "commission games" - I say, go for it - you have nothing to lose doing it FSBO ! We did pay a flat fee but the listing doesn't expire and it is posted on other web pages as well. The flat fee is small when you think of those outrageous commission monies these realtors get - they are NOT doing enough to earn that money.
Can you pm me the service you used?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: