Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:36 PM

600 posts, read 2,090,317 times

Advertisements

This is disgusting news, and a horrible tragedy. I hope that girl can somehow manage to live a normal life one day.

Rape and sexual abuse is part of human history. As are bad people. And evil people. And disturbed people. No trend or societal conclusions can be drawn from one incident in any way.

I respect all opinions in this thread, and no one has the right to tell a parent he or she should not be afraid. I also think some "helicopter parents" will use this incident to explain their overprotective nature. Can't live in fear.......

Old 05-13-2010, 03:38 PM

600 posts, read 2,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
As you've written, you can't take one individual's experience (yours, and how long ago?) and expect it to be the norm.

Times change, society is more violent in general. Why needlessly place a child in harm's way?

I couldn't disagree more. Nor could the statistics.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:46 PM

12 posts, read 33,941 times
Any sex act with a 12 year old girl is reprehensible beyond description. Even "consensual" sex with a 12 year old is rape as consent cannot be given by one so young. A 12 year old alone at the mall is unwise, but let's not lose sight of the real issue here: a 21 year old predator in the community. Any attempt to excuse, mitigate or explain away the reason for the attack can only breed more of the same. Lock this loser up and throw away the key. (But, alas, we won't and he will live to strike again.)

Old 05-13-2010, 10:05 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
The OP obviously reads the NY Post and has taken a liking to their flaverful headlines.

Smithhaven Mall isn't exactly what I would consider "Safe". If you pay attention, you will catch many incidences occurring in the parking lot on the news. Especially around x-mas time.
Its better than alot of other malls, especially South Shore!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:10 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I have no argument about how some of these kids are dressing. I am one of the mean moms who is strict and won't buy things to be my child's friend. Several years ago I dropped my son off at the junior HS and saw young girls wearing skirts so short that one sneeze and their who-haws would be showing! They were sporting whale tails, too. These kids might have left the house looking ok, but on the bus they're cinching up this, removing that and unbuttoning.

Tweens have some knowledge of sex, at least the mechanics of it, but can't comprehend all of the ramifications. They see all the nonsense on TV, in music videos, etc. Some of these young girls don't understand that women are being used and objectified. Some might want the attention and think that a hummer will keep the guy around.

But back to the topic of attire:

If a woman is dressed provocatively in a night club, or wears Daisy Dukes at the mall or a bikini on the beach and is raped, sodomized or sexually assaulted, it's her fault?
Miley Cyrus..Brittany Spears...need I say more? Why are these teenage girls dressing so inappropriately? Pop culture keeps pushing teens to be older than they are.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,994,339 times
Default the Disney Process

Disney has sexualized a few generations of young girls. Disney has it down to a science. A few stars that have been through the Disney process are Spears, Aguilera, Lohan and now Cyrus. Their next project is Selena Gomez who Disney is promoting to try to introduce more sexual degeneracy into the Hispanic community over the next few years.

Disney starts these girls out as a young wholesome singers; Cyrus even had Christian songs on her debut album These girls become mega-stars with millions of followers. What starts out as wholesome soon morphs into something totally different. Disney has pulled this trick time after time. What starts out as candy pop soon moves on to full on sexual gyrations and tabloid tales of wild drug parties. It is not unlike a child molester slowing luring his victim with candy, slowly working up to touching and then full blown intercourse. Disney uses the same patience to snare their victims as the child molester.

As the girls age they provide an example for their fans of how intergrate sexual degeneracy into teenage girls lives. First they add the sexual songs lyrics, the provocative clothes, then the sexual dances like Cyrus' pole dance and then they blow them out into full fledged tabloid drug sluts in their older teens.

The bottom line is that if you are a parent and value your daughter's life and appreciate the sanctity of a moral life you will keep her away from Disney teen stars. Every young girl with a caring family should talk to their daughter about how media outlets subvert families and promote behaviors that will ruin lives. You don't want your daughter losing her freedom to drug and sexual degeneracy like past Disney train-wrecks Brittney Spears or Lindsey Lohan.

Was it this girls fault that she was raped? No it never is, but dressing in provocative clothes sends a clear message to men that you are open to sexual relations. This girl likely did not understand this nor did her parents but the natural law written on our hearts forces you to pay the price regardless whether you understand the law or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Miley Cyrus..Brittany Spears...need I say more? Why are these teenage girls dressing so inappropriately? Pop culture keeps pushing teens to be older than they are.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:38 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Thread closed..

Last edited by Keeper; 05-14-2010 at 02:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island