Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:29 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant516 View Post
He's already out of jail. Frank Tassone... he should absolutely donate every piece of his pension he doesen't need for minimal survival back to the taxpayers of Roslyn and NYS.
Yeah I know that dirtbag is out ... he's nothing but a common criminal and I am sure that greedy thing will NOT be donating anything back to the taxpayers considering what they already gave him wasn't enough to the tune of 7 figures that he had to steal from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
I am also saying that there are way more administrators then we need. You could put a big dent in school budgets without reducing services or increasing class sizes simply by drastically reducing the number of highly paid administrators.
Like I have said before, county-wide administrative consolidation on everything ABOVE the school principal level would help the taxpayers tremendously.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:32 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Like I have said before, county-wide administrative consolidation on everything ABOVE the school principal level would help the taxpayers tremendously.
While consolidating at higher levels would save money, I'm not sure that I support moving power away from the local voters.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
While consolidating at higher levels would save money, I'm not sure that I support moving power away from the local voters.
I wish the local voters would actually use their power! There is a notoriously tiny turnout when it comes to school budget and BOE election voting. County elections attract more voters at least.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:02 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts...008/D16071.pdf

Old 05-14-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Yes, crooks, he was such A ONCE IN A LIFETIME FIND FOR EDUCATION -- A RARE AND HIGHLY QUALIFIED PERSON THAT IS EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND ... that they just had to hire him again after retirement. Tsk tsk someone will come in and take you to task like they did me for complaining about a similar swindle that happened close to a year ago. My post:

//www.city-data.com/forum/9450270-post43.html

Their answer (if I recall correctly, a self-proclaimed LI teacher who does not know the difference between the words "hire" and "higher") explaining why it made perfect sense to pay someone a huge pension and a huge salary at the same time:

//www.city-data.com/forum/9450413-post46.html

Quote:
This is exactly what I am taking about. This expenditure is a given, if they higher a new asst. superintendent to replace this guy or girl, the amount of money going out would potentially be higher or at least similar because they have to pay this new guys salary plus his benefits and pension contribution for him. It actually saves money having this one person get it rather than having him take his pension and not be working and having another person on staff. Possibly the district could higher a super at a lower wage, but as far as I know there is actually not a large supply of candidates that meet the qualifications and most of them elicit high salaries coming in as well.

Granted, you may still think the salaries themselves are too high, but to single out certain people and gasp, while understandable, from a strictly cost based analysis may be misplaced.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 AM

213 posts, read 703,033 times
Quote:

I agree Tom. There is potential to save at consolidation of services like transportation, accounting, legal, etc. I would not condone taking control of the education piece out of the localities control. My response to the NYC model of having one chancellor is I would not model my school district after the NYC model.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:50 PM

577 posts, read 979,199 times
RE:There is potential to save at consolidation of services like transportation, accounting, legal, etc.

Don't you people get it? 75 to 85 % of all School District budgets are made up of teachers, administrators & Superintendents salaries and benefits...with the teachers taking up a huge majority of it. Until salaries and benefits are cut everything else is a jerk job.

Don't forget they're getting these outrageous salaries and benefits for working about 160 days a year!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:56 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,118 times
Teachers take up the majority of expenses because there are more of them. However, the fat is in the adminstrators. They could easily be cut without affecting the quality of education or class sizes.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:59 PM

148 posts, read 475,415 times
Default digusting but true: Seethroughny

SeeThroughNY > Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by r5020 View Post
What's with this double dipping?? 8 out of 10 New York state school retirees with annual payouts of more than $205,000 are ex-superintendents from Nassau and Suffolk???

"The pension king is former Commack Union School Superintendent James Hunderfund, who retired in 2006. He receives a whopping annual payout of $316,245.
And he's a double dipper. After retiring from Commack, he was hired as the superintendent of the Malverne School District and is now pulling down at least another $225,000 in salary. "

$316,245 Long Island school pension! - NYPOST.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island