Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,997,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofavatar1 View Post
What about all of those who didn't vote? How do they feel? See, that's what you have to prove, otherwise your inference that LIers are OK with the education costs is wrong.
Duh, you must accept that those who didn't vote abstained, thus stating their ambivalence and acceptance of the outcome. That's the way it works. People have the right not to vote. You don't get to speak for them. They spoke with their absence. That's part of the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 PM

852 posts, read 2,017,373 times
Default No

Quote:
Yes, and your copy and paste job fits perfectly in the scenario of whether a vote (sample) is statistically significant to estimate the population value.
Actual attitude and estimated attitude are not what is meant by the relationship between two variables. They are the same variable measured to ways. What is meant by the definition is, say, measuring the likelihood of being Catholic and voting for Democrats. Those two variables can be shown to co-relate. With a large enough sample - though not too large - you can guess with a conventional percentage of probability that the findings are significant - that the strength of the relationship between the two variables in your measurement accurately estimate the relationship between the two variables in reality.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:50 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,251 times
Let's Post Positive Things About Teachers!
Didn't everyone learn growing up that if you don't have something nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all? My Mother taught me that & emphasized it throughout her life.

This thread was started for the express purpose of saying something NICE.
If you don't want to do that, go take your negativity elsewhere. There are forums for that.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:56 PM

280 posts, read 247,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Dumb argument. All elections are considered to be reflective of the electorate (ie "reflect the voters feelings"). That's the basis for democracy. The only ones who take the "sun was in my eyes" or "it was raining" tact are the pollsters or consultants for the ones who lose.
Reflective of the voters versus reflective of the public are 2 differenent things. Read the rest of the posts before you post, you are far behind.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:58 PM

939 posts, read 2,311,228 times
my son's teacher is pretty hot

Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
Actual attitude and estimated attitude are not what is meant by the relationship between two variables. They are the same variable measured to ways. What is meant by the definition is, say, measuring the likelihood of being Catholic and voting for Democrats. Those two variables can be shown to co-relate. With a large enough sample - though not too large - you can guess with a conventional percentage of probability that the findings are significant - that the strength of the relationship between the two variables in your measurement accurately estimate the relationship between the two variables in reality.
This babble is meaningless. You cannot understand how a sample, if statisically significant can reflect the population and that is your deficiency. This is over guy.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFD240 View Post
my son's teacher is pretty hot

Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
Quote:
This babble is meaningless. You cannot understand how a sample, if statisically significant can reflect the population and that is your deficiency. This is over guy.
I may not be following correctly but are you seriously saying that those who voted are just a sample?

Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Duh, you must accept that those who didn't vote abstained, thus stating their ambivalence and acceptance of the outcome. That's the way it works. People have the right not to vote. You don't get to speak for them. They spoke with their absence. That's part of the game.
That's the way it works in terms of the vote, duh. That doesn't mean the vote reflects public sentiment - there are too many factors to consider and that analysis is leaps and bounds beyond your level of intelligence.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I may not be following correctly but are you seriously saying that those who voted are just a sample?
If you aren't intelligent enough to follow the convo I'm not doing to dumb down all of my statements to make up for your deficiency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island