Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 AM

59 posts, read 176,276 times

Advertisements

I took the train this morning using monthly LIRR card of my relative. The train crew checked my card and asked if it was my card. I said yes. He said the hole punched was Male, not female. So he repunched F and circled the F box and wrote on the card FEMALE ONLY and said you shouldn't share card. How can he use the card tomorrow?

Ridiculous! If I am the same gender, I can share the card because no one can find out. Subway card doesn't have this problem. RIDICULOUS!

I once saw the back of a seat "F*** LIRR FARE". now I wanna add AND STAFF. Paying over $200 a month for this service?! NOT ANY MORE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 08:26 AM

939 posts, read 2,303,288 times
lmao ... so you're pissed that you got busted using a non-transferrable monthly ticket?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,942,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyclouds View Post
I took the train this morning using monthly LIRR card of my relative. The train crew checked my card and asked if it was my card. I said yes. He said the hole punched was Male, not female. So he repunched F and circled the F box and wrote on the card FEMALE ONLY and said you shouldn't share card. How can he use the card tomorrow?

Ridiculous! If I am the same gender, I can share the card because no one can find out. Subway card doesn't have this problem. RIDICULOUS!

I once saw the back of a seat "F*** LIRR FARE". now I wanna add AND STAFF. Paying over $200 a month for this service?! NOT ANY MORE!

um, what? so you got caught lying and you are mad? nice going.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:34 AM

4,690 posts, read 8,710,371 times
um, you broke the rule and you got caught. You should do the right thing and buy him tickets for the rest of the month. Lucky for you it's May 26th and Monday is a holiday.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 AM

280 posts, read 245,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyclouds View Post

Basically your male relative has only 4 days to use his monthly, so he could either:

1) Attempt to use it and see if the conductors have mercy on him
2) Attempt to use it and hide the "female" side... tell him to have his ticket "half in, half out" of his wallet, hiding the female side.
3) You can buy him a round trip peak ticket in case he gets caught using #1 or #2
4) You can buy him a 10 trip to use for the remainder of the week and you can keep the rest when he's done.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:40 AM

939 posts, read 2,303,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofavatar1 View Post
Basically your male relative has only 4 days to use his monthly, so he could either:

1) Attempt to use it and see if the conductors have mercy on him
2) Attempt to use it and hide the "female" side... tell him to have his ticket "half in, half out" of his wallet, hiding the female side.
3) You can buy him a round trip peak ticket in case he gets caught using #1 or #2
4) You can buy him a 10 trip to use for the remainder of the week and you can keep the rest when he's done.
5) he can dress in drag for the rest of the month

...and considering how hot it's supposed to be, a nice pencil skirt and silk tank top might be a nicer alternative to a suit and tie...

come to think of it, i might try that option myself...

Old 05-26-2010, 08:47 AM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,396,894 times
You got busted and have no right to be upset. You have to make this up to whoever you 'borrowed' the pass from.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:11 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,674,589 times
That rule is ridiculous. You can't transfer the ticket between sexes but you can within. Does that make any sense.

I know you are not suppose to share passes but really what affect does that have on the railroad. How many people are in a position where two people can really share a monthly.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,942,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
That rule is ridiculous. You can't transfer the ticket between sexes but you can within. Does that make any sense.

I know you are not suppose to share passes but really what affect does that have on the railroad. How many people are in a position where two people can really share a monthly.
train fare sharing?

Old 05-26-2010, 09:16 AM

169 posts, read 672,681 times
You can't share tickets period but easiest way to ID is between male/female cards. Mail order ones have names printed on the pass but who's gonna ID every card holder on the train.

Maybe when they start adding pictures to these. it'll get more interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island