Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:42 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,339,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
You have about a snowball's chance in Hades of collecting unemployment, and with good reason: No one owes you compensation for your own proactive career decisions just because they turn out to be bad for you financially. New York is an at-will state.

Next time, do the math first.

Translation: Next time, stay on unemployment.

I believe it is now possible to collect unemployment for 5 years-easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 12:48 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,265,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just1mor View Post
I searched every sight, even called & didn't get a straight answer. Just wondering if anybody, even a stranger on the internet had any experience to share. Not betting my life on the answers I get, just inquiring.
Here's my experience from several years ago.

When I went to the orientation meeting, the woman from NYS DOL who was running it actually said that if you accept a job while on UI, be sure it is right for you, because if you quit, you will not be able to get back on UI precisely because of quitting. She advised people to choose wisely.

Another thing, since you worked for less money, if you do get back on UI due to a legitimate reason (layoff from the customer service job, etc.), your UI rate may go down too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island