Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 PM

84 posts, read 195,642 times

Advertisements

"Whats with all the overdoses on Fire Island Pines and how is it that it is never reported in the news?"

Last edited by Keeper; 07-18-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 05:22 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,940,512 times
That's like asking why all of the ODs in the Hamptons aren't reported.
I have personally witnessed people being taken out of clubs on stretchers by EMTs & not only are there no arrests but it never even makes the news.

The best was the three day weekend about 15 years ago when a guy we knew dropped like a stone on the dancefloor at CPI, according to his brother he flat lined at the hospital. Luckily they revived him. He woke up around noon the next day & signed himself out of Southampton hospital so he could make it to the boardy barn in time. He was there less than 24 hours later whacked out of his mind. Sometimes you just can't beat stupidity.
I agree the smaller police departments are completely sweeping it under the rug, they have been forever.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:18 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,252,136 times
I am curious how you know there were 50+ overdoses there this summer. Do you work in the hospital where they were being brought?

Old 10-08-2010, 08:15 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,126,615 times
Still dosent even come close to Neptune's. They probably had more then 50 ODs in a single day last Memorial Day weekend. That place really needs to be shut down.

And for what it's worth, the Boardy Barn now has a zero tolerance policy on illegal drugs.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:09 AM

398 posts, read 839,217 times
A friend of mine had to show up for a ticket in Fire Island, he mentioned the large number of people were there for possession tickets.

My own opinion is that it's hard for the police to catch someone carrying or using drugs, so most cases are probably rare and first time offenses and the fines are small in NY.

State Avg. New York
Fines Avg. $100-$500
Jail Avg. 5 days - 15 years
Probation Varies by Case
Other Not Available

Last edited by nyliguy; 10-08-2010 at 11:22 AM..

Old 10-08-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
I am curious how you know there were 50+ overdoses there this summer. Do you work in the hospital where they were being brought?
I was an eye-witness to the "medic tent" at the Pines party and the Ascension Party.

There were bodies all over the place in those tents, hooked up to I.V.'s, being revived by medics, etc.

My estimation is 50, but im going to guess it was actually more than that, because those parties only took up about 7(?) days of the entire summer.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:00 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,252,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W33ZER View Post
I was an eye-witness to the "medic tent" at the Pines party and the Ascension Party.

There were bodies all over the place in those tents, hooked up to I.V.'s, being revived by medics, etc.

My estimation is 50, but im going to guess it was actually more than that, because those parties only took up about 7(?) days of the entire summer.
Wow, sounds like a good time.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:29 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,355,408 times
Quote:

Maybe gay people give our conservative officers of the law the creeps so they leave them be ...

... or they just subscribe to the policy "Who needs them? Let them kill themselves!" along the same lines as the law enforcement definition of "public service killing" (one criminal kills another, who cares, good riddance).

Old 10-08-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Maybe gay people give our conservative officers of the law the creeps so they leave them be ...

... or they just subscribe to the policy "Who needs them? Let them kill themselves!" along the same lines as the law enforcement definition of "public service killing" (one criminal kills another, who cares, good riddance).
Is that how you feel about gay people?

Old 10-09-2010, 08:37 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,355,408 times
Quote:
Is that how you feel about gay people?
Uh no!

That's how I think many of our conservative men in blue do. Would you like me to find you a police messageboard and you can ask them yourself why they don't bother paying attention to gays practically killing themselves with illegal drug in public at well-known annual public parties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island