Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:04 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,236,929 times

Advertisements

Where there's a will, there's a way. They held them to 67 points. Lakers had 30 1st half rebounds. Unbelievable. Boston got pretty desperate (especially Tony Allen) towards the end. Really lost their poise. I saw a sign outside Staples: 'Paul Pierce: Worst Supporting Actress'. LOL. And Doc calls FISH a flopper..?!?!?!? Gimme a break.

Thursday is gonna be brutal. Let's do it again, and then some!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:15 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,236,929 times
I have to admit the officiating has been gawdawful. I believe it was Game 3- the calls were lousy BOTH ways, stuff being called for no contact whatsoever. Hell, even in Game 1 when Artest and Pierce went down, the refs called them for a DOUBLE T! They were just boxing out for a rebound- they were both shocked.

Ugh, Van Gundy. He has no sense of what is appropriate. He just says everything that pops into his head. I find Mark Jackson just as obnoxious: they always give props for players who come from NYC, but they NEVER mention anyone else's home town or influence. It was funny Jackson did that with Kareem, apparently not knowing that John Wooden was responsible for getting him out of Harlem and into UCLA's program. Convincing Kareem's (he was Lew Alcindor then) parents that L.A. was the place he should be, where his future would be, teaching him so much about life, leadership, etc.? Not a word. In fact, I don't remember them mentioning Wooden at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
As much as I want the Lakers to win, they could not win 2 back to back in the beginning of the series, so why would they be able to do it at the end. It seems the younger players on the LA team do not want it as much. The officiating has been flat out horrible, but that is a different story. The ball did not even get close to the rim and they called it Celtics ball.

On a different note, what does it take to get rid of Jeff Van Gundy, I have to constantly mute my TV.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
I said before the series started that the Lakers would win it and I still say that. This is NOT 2008 where Boston has the luxury of having games 6 and 7 at home. I've been following the Lakers since 1986 although not as much the last couple years but I just think that Kobe Bryant won't allow the Lakers to lose again. He knows the importance of the situation. Who cares about his legacy and all that other stuff? Kobe just wants to win, no matter who the Lakers play. For Kobe the bottom line is winning and even if he doesn't get his 5th title this year, he is still one of the game's great players. I think the Lakers win tonight in Game 6. Besides, in a couple years the Celtics will be not as good a team while the Lakers will be competitive. I personally think all the talk about a great legacy and comparisons to Magic Johnson are just nothing more than talk to distract people in this country from what the real issues are. It is just a game.
typical bandwagor. get of kobes tailwagon, because kobe can not win a game by himself , and this was proven in game 5 when he scored 38 points(the most in the series) yet still lost. its a laker team.

and seeing how badly celtics got crushed tonight as i figured.

i will assure you this will not happen in game 7 , i wont say the celtics will win. but i know the game isnt going to be no blow out.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It's the 4th quarter w/ 9 minutes more to play so it is conceivable that the Celtics could catch up. But that is very unlikely. Actually I don't get it! What happened to Boston? Doesn't make sense that they would play so poorly considering their performance in games 4 & 5.

Thursday night is it!!! Shannon Brown is unreal!

shannan brown had a nice game hitting 2 nice dunks zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

next

he isnt all that great and not consistent, but what i notice about brown is that he sure loves jumping around like a wild monkey.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
With game 6 won decisively by the Lakers....I still have to ask the question:
do you feel the win was legit, given the 1st Quarter injury to Perkins?

I ask the question as a lifetime Laker fan. Yes, Lakers won big, were ahead and on a run when Perkins went down, and have been playing with an injured Bynum the whole series. Ok, maybe I just answered my own question.
perkins wasnt even that much of a liability for celtics, honestly seeing allen get some of his grip back.

allens points could easily take over perkins absents, since perkins barely scores anyway,

Old 06-15-2010, 11:56 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
As bad as Jeff Van Gundy is as an announcer can you image trying to play for his brother, Stan Van Gundy? He gets so high pitched & hyper that the Magic players must get headaches.

Tonight was an aberration. The Celtics are going to play hard ball in game 7 & so are the Lakers. If the bench can play as well as they did tonight than LA wins. Kobe is a definite but is KG\ Pierce\ Allen? Even Rondo looked off tonight. Boy, would I love to have a ticket for Thursday's game.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,696,064 times
To Californio Sur: I really like your attitude!!! Yes Shannon Brown is very athletic and the fans absolutely love him. I think the Lakers should keep this guy on their team. This was a huge win for the Lakers. Now all that is left is for them to win Game 7. I heard Jalen Rose and Byron Scott on ESPN tonight talking about what it feels like to be in a Game 7 situation. Both of those guys pick the Lakers to win on Thursday. I've been following the Lakers for over 2 decades and I am not about to say they won't get it done. In fact, what I will say is that the Lakers win Game 7, especially if there is no Kendrick Perkins. This means there is one less center for the Lakers to worry about. Glen Davis or Rasheed Wallace will have to play center. Injured knee or not, Andrew Bynum will play and I'm sure he'll put in the effort. Boston has done VERY well to get this far but I think they'll come up just a bit short. Lakers will win and Kobe will have 5 titles tied with the great Earvin "Magic" Johnson

Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
As bad as Jeff Van Gundy is as an announcer can you image trying to play for his brother, Stan Van Gundy? He gets so high pitched & hyper that the Magic players must get headaches.

Tonight was an aberration. The Celtics are going to play hard ball in game 7 & so are the Lakers. If the bench can play as well as they did tonight than LA wins. Kobe is a definite but is KG\ Pierce\ Allen? Even Rondo looked off tonight. Boy, would I love to have a ticket for Thursday's game.
if celtics go hard in game 7 , that means the lakers bench will be shut down making way for celtics bench.

lets go Boston , Boston is the best on the road nba team this year, and they know how to bounce back after embarrassment, just take a look at game 1 to game 2 of this exact series.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
To Californio Sur: I really like your attitude!!! Yes Shannon Brown is very athletic and the fans absolutely love him. I think the Lakers should keep this guy on their team. This was a huge win for the Lakers. Now all that is left is for them to win Game 7. I heard Jalen Rose and Byron Scott on ESPN tonight talking about what it feels like to be in a Game 7 situation. Both of those guys pick the Lakers to win on Thursday. I've been following the Lakers for over 2 decades and I am not about to say they won't get it done. In fact, what I will say is that the Lakers win Game 7, especially if there is no Kendrick Perkins. This means there is one less center for the Lakers to worry about. Glen Davis or Rasheed Wallace will have to play center. Injured knee or not, Andrew Bynum will play and I'm sure he'll put in the effort. Boston has done VERY well to get this far but I think they'll come up just a bit short. Lakers will win and Kobe will have 5 titles tied with the great Earvin "Magic" Johnson
you talk like a typical bangwagor once again. perkins is not that much of a liability compared to how much of a liability laker fans make bynum.

perkins is here for defense but honestly when pierce, rando , and kg are on fire on offense perkins is barely noticeable so once again lets go celtics.

but in a better not i hope perkins come back in the game.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:21 AM

and also btw the only reason these espn people are picking lakers is because of their outstanding performance this game.

im willing to bet that these same espn folks were betting on boston after game 5, and after seeing the trashy games by l.a in boston.

so the bandwagon also lies in the espn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles