Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 01:00 AM

114 posts, read 425,152 times

Advertisements

Hello. We will be spending a week in L.A. at the end of July. It'll be us and another family; 4 adults, 4 kids (5 to 9 years old).
I need help with the following;
We have tickets to Universal Studios. This is our first time there. This appears to be doable in 1 day. Anything in particular we should do first, skip? Basically we'd like some help planning our day here.

Also, we're thinking of bringing our beach cruisers to ride near the beach. Which beach would you recommend that's kid friendly for riding bikes? We'd like to spend the day at the beach with places we can bike to for lunch if needed.

Any other ideas are welcome!
Thank you in advance for any and all help offered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 01:05 AM

44 posts, read 79,285 times
Being from Long Beach, I am a little biased towards Long Beach. There is a great bike path that starts near Naples on the beach and goes to downtown Long Beach, which has plenty of places to eat. There is also Venice Beach, but somebody else can talk about that. Where will you be staying?

Old 06-27-2010, 01:10 AM

Near Disney, we're doing the Disney thing too.
Sounds like the bike path goes near major streets?
We want to stay by the beach, and not ride near any streets, for the kids safety. We'll bring lunch or drive out.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:21 AM

80 posts, read 296,020 times
A little bit of a drive from Disney, but you can bike along PCH. I've only parked at Santa Monica near the pier and walked the trail a bit but I believe the concrete trail goes from Malibu down to the Torrance area. Someone else more familiar with that area can probably fill you in on the details.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:45 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,852 times
I would go to Huntington Beach... this is south of Disneyland and it's really nice and family friendly with bike trails, etc. Check out Things to Do - Activities.

Huntington Beach - California Beach - Surf City USA

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CALIFORNIA USA | Huntington Beach Vacation Travel Guide

Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 AM

Thank you!
We will check these out and decide.

Anyone with info on Universal Studios?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 AM

44 posts, read 79,285 times
By the way here is the link to the Shoreline Bike Path:
City of Long Beach, CA - Bike Paths

It is closer to Disney than Santa Monica, if you are going straight from you're hotel.

Universal Studios is really fun, although I haven't been there in a few years I remember having a great time and I'd recommend the tram tour.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,189,154 times
newport and huntington beaches have the best bike paths in orange country. you can grab lunch near either of the piers. i wouldn't do long beach since there are no waves and i'm sure the kids would like to see the surfers and play around in the surf a bit. parking is easiest in huntington beach as well, so that is probably your best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles