Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 01:34 PM

4 posts, read 9,565 times

Advertisements

So Im visiting Pasadena for 3 days... one day I want to go to Santa Monica and go to the pier and beach, second day i want to go to hollywood/vine, sunset, and rodeo, the third day i want to visit the tar pits and see if theres anything around them. Was wondering if you could give me any more ideas on what to do and good restuarants. Very little money on me. THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 PM

8 posts, read 35,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkwheel View Post
So Im visiting Pasadena for 3 days... one day I want to go to Santa Monica and go to the pier and beach, second day i want to go to hollywood/vine, sunset, and rodeo, the third day i want to visit the tar pits and see if theres anything around them. Was wondering if you could give me any more ideas on what to do and good restuarants. Very little money on me. THANK YOU!
If you're staying Pasadena... Make sure to stop by Old-town Pasadena there's tons of eateries and places to browse.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM

291 posts, read 752,381 times
If you are on a budget, for starters buy a metro Bus day pass for about 5 Bucks.

If you are into great museums...some days the museums are free including the Norton Simon in Pasadena, The Getty Villa in Malibu ( take a bus from Santa Monica no reservation is required every day it's free) and LACMA near the La Brea Tar Pitts.

Another Idea is to pack a lunch and carry a bottle of water.

teher are also free concerst at sunset at the Sant Monica pier .

Also dont forget Vennice Beach nearby....a cheap funcky trill.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:38 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,869 times
Right in your backyard The Huntington Library

Old 07-08-2010, 02:43 PM

32 posts, read 87,643 times
You can take the Metro Gold Line from the Del Mar station in Pasadena and get off at Olvera Street. Fun to walk around and great Mexican food.

The La Brea Tar Pits are right next door to LACMA (the LA County Museum of Art), stop in there for sure. You will also be near The Grove, that would be a great place to shop and eat. Lots of options there. If you are looking for cheap eats at the Grove, try the old Farmer's Market section, there are tons of options in there.

For good, cheaper eats in Pasadena area, try Gus' BBQ in South Pas. In Pasadena there's Mijares for Mexican food, Porta Via for Italian sandwiches, The Counter for burgers, Green Street for continental/burgers. I am not a fan of Old Town b/c it is mostly chain restaurants but there is Mi Piace for great Italian. Lake Street is another shopping/eating location to walk around that seems to serve more locals than tourists.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:50 PM

291 posts, read 752,381 times
Try taco Trucks as well... there are other culinary mobile trucks that serve everything from veggie meals to korean BBQ to cupcakes... which is SOOOOOO L.A.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,865,706 times
My wife and I are going to visit Pasadena in July. Can you tell me if it is number 1 safe to visit and 2 if you were flying in, which airport would you use. Ontario or LAX?

Old 05-20-2013, 12:13 PM

611 posts, read 1,600,851 times
Yes.
Neither, I would use Burbank.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:29 PM

23,535 posts, read 24,022,219 times
I would fly into Burbank. Pasadena is safe and Old Town is very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
My wife and I are going to visit Pasadena in July. Can you tell me if it is number 1 safe to visit and 2 if you were flying in, which airport would you use. Ontario or LAX?

Old 05-20-2013, 06:36 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,885 times
Pasadena is wonderful and perfectly safe. The Burbank airport is by far the closest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles