Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times

Advertisements

good luck to you and congratulations. AS for rentals, as much as I hate Craigslist, that is a good starting point. You might have to settle for a roomate or a studio, but whatever, you will make it..good luck, and check out west L.A. like Westchester. It is a little commute, but it might work. Also Culver City and Mar Vista (don't know how safe they are) Others would be able to advise easier than I.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 AM

938 posts, read 4,093,151 times
Staying in Leimert Park with your brother? I didn't know blacks still moved here, lol! Anyways, how is the move working out for you? I'm assuming you're driving, right? Let me know if you need/want any pointers or recommendations for the area (or city in general).

BTW, LP is one of the best-kept examples of pre-war, Spanish Revival and Art-Deco Moderne architecture in the city. It's definitely worth checking out, especially if you're into architecture or urban streetscapes: prettyugly.: leimert park. It was featured prominently and promoted as a village for guests to stay in for 1932 Olympics.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,545,925 times
pwright1, welcome to L.A.! I also love your photos of Seattle; hopefully you can put just as lovely a face on Los Angeles! I agree that Craig's List is probably a good place to start; luckily you can take your time a little if you already have a place to stay for the moment. The general rule of thumb is the less time you spend commuting, the happier you'll be!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:18 PM

573 posts, read 1,360,524 times
welome to LA, feel at home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles