Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 08:52 AM

63 posts, read 216,877 times

Advertisements

Where do rich Asian people live in LA or Orange County? Do you guys have problems with people trying to break into your houses to steal things or murder you while you are sleeping?

I see this a lot on the news and a bit scared to make a move to the USA for that American Dream.

BTW does this number (949) 287 XXXX belong to Newport Beach? IF so which part of Newport Beach is it? IS it an old part or a new part?

Whats the best street to live at Newport Beach where all the richest people are?

Thanks in advance.

I was told that Newport Beach is friendly to Asians and it's the safest place in LA but from I have read so far it is supposed to be totally the opposite.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:59 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
I don't mean to be rude .... but are you serious?

Old 07-29-2010, 09:00 AM

Yes sir i am series

Old 07-29-2010, 10:00 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Asian View Post
Yes sir i am series
Series like a hart tack?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,821,998 times
If you are still pondering this question - all of Newport uses 949, I believe, so no help there - of course I'm not aware of any part of NB that would be considered "bad".
Many well off Asians live in South Pasadena, Arcadia, San Dimas and Monrovia. Monterey Park and Alhambra are primarily Asian but there are good and bad areas so you would have to be careful there. I don't see bars on windows in those neighborhoods but no one can guarantee there will never be a break in anywhere.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:10 AM

Thanks Social Democrat:

So are those places you've mentioned located in NB? I am from Australia and have no idea what those places are.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:16 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
No. Newport Beach is its own city. Those cities (mentioned) are in LA county.

Why are you looking for an area exclusive to Asians? We try to not segregate neighborhoods whenever possible here in the US.

Your comment about "people trying to break into your houses to steal things or murder you while you are sleeping" is ridiculous. Bad things happen everywhere.

Newport Beach is NOT Los Angeles. In fact, its about 50 miles south of LA.

Your post reads kind of smug. "Where the rich people are" .... there are wealthy people everywhere in California. The best street to live on? Seriously?

WHERE have you read that Newport is not a nice place to live?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
I see you are still starting threads and they all seem sort of suspicious [as in troll]. But at least this one isn't quite as offensive as your previous posts [you don't mention how many people you will kill if someone provokes you]. But if, by chance, you are for real than your question may be sincere.

First off, how do you figure you can move to America without money? Unless you are very wealthy some places in metro Los Angeles are impossible to afford. Asians live wherever they want, just like anyone else. There are communities that have large Asian populations, however. The San Gabriel valley is one region [cities like Pasadena, Arcadia, San Marino, Temple City, Monterey Park]. Some of those places are expensive and some are relatively inexpensive. Orange county has plenty of Asians also and they live anywhere they please. Newport Beach and Corona Del Mar are very expensive.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 AM

499 posts, read 2,156,559 times
most of the "rich" Asians in Orange County don't even look rich to a typical, white Orange County resident who equates "flash" with "wealth". The Asians who have money, maybe own a shop, and probably put every single cent made back in to some other business or property, could probably walk under your nose and you'd not even pay a lick of attention to them. They probably drive around in 10 year old Japanese sedans, and live in those "horrible" neighborhoods in Garden Grove, Anaheim and Fullerton that all the white people on these boards deride as being something akin to "hell".
But if you look at their balance sheet at the end of the day, they have 100k in assets, and the white guy bagging on him, has probably 100k in debt

Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivax View Post
most of the "rich" Asians in Orange County don't even look rich to a typical, white Orange County resident who equates "flash" with "wealth". The Asians who have money, maybe own a shop, and probably put every single cent made back in to some other business or property, could probably walk under your nose and you'd not even pay a lick of attention to them. They probably drive around in 10 year old Japanese sedans, and live in those "horrible" neighborhoods in Garden Grove, Anaheim and Fullerton that all the white people on these boards deride as being something akin to "hell".
But if you look at their balance sheet at the end of the day, they have 100k in assets, and the white guy bagging on him, has probably 100k in debt

Thanks for answering my questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles