U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 01:25 PM

3,027 posts, read 5,722,499 times

Advertisements

Malibu has a long strip of beaches and a lot of people park on PCH. I was there this morning around 11 and the street parking was mostly full near Webb Way.

Is there more street parking as you go farther west?

Also, are the beaches the same in different parts of Malibu?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 04:08 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,149,080 times
The first question you must ask yourself is that do you want shops or the beach?
The area around Webb Way is mostly shops and the “colony” I never use that beach its full of “nutjobs” both on the beach and in the houses.
If you just want to park and look around you should be able to find parking at the Malibu Shopping centre.
“Go west young man” the beaches and parking get better.
The beach opposite “Malibu Seafood” is good and you can park right next to the beach,the restaurant is quite good also.
Further west the beach at the foot of Solstice/Coral canyon opp the “Beauivage Restaurant is OK for parking.
Further west “Paradise cove beach cafe” park on the car park and get validated parking if you eat,from there you can walk west as far as you dare. On one occasion myself and my son managed it all the way to Zuma but we did have to swim a little I would not recommend it is you are not strong swimmers.
Then on, Westward beach (my sons house drop in for a beer)... Zuma...Lechuza...El Matador...Marshalls...Zeroes...Leo Corillo and the list goes on, have fun.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:00 PM

26,342 posts, read 90,000,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
Malibu has a long strip of beaches and a lot of people park on PCH. I was there this morning around 11 and the street parking was mostly full near Webb Way.

Is there more street parking as you go farther west?

Also, are the beaches the same in different parts of Malibu?

We arrived at Zuma today around 11AM and the street at Zuma 7 looked full then but the parking lot was maybe 1/4 full. By around 3 PM the parking lot looked almost full but as we left people were still entering.

It's a hot August Sunday so PCH parking will be very crowded. We had seven kids and two adults and two cars and we paid 2 X $10 for parking at Zuma.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:59 AM

16,290 posts, read 30,539,792 times
Why would anyone want to go near the Collony this time of year? Too many people for me. Funny though how my dauhter and I were in Malibu on Saturday. She made me take her to McDonalds.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 PM

I went back to Malibu yesterday. The beaches east of Malibu are all or mostly state parks and parking is $8 or $12.
I couldn't find free parking at all so I just went to the Malibu Colony for a while.

San Francisco's entire stretch of beach touching the ocean is completely free.

When you go farther west where it's less crowded, where are nice places to park (for free) very close to the beach?

Why do you think so much of the beach has no free parking - is it because it's owned by the state? Who owns Ocean Beach in SF?

Also, if you park at Malibu Colony, can you walk to the ocean?

Old 07-01-2012, 02:39 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,862,401 times
Quote:
When you go farther west where it's less crowded, where are nice places to park (for free) very close to the beach?
Go to Zuma Beach next time. Cleaner water, more scenic, and more parking. If you get to zuma before noon you have a decent shot at free street parking. If not, there are huge surface lots with plentiful parking (at nominal cost).

Quote:

Also, if you park at Malibu Colony, can you walk to the ocean?
Malibu Colony is gated so you won't be able to get in there unless you know someone. But you could walk to the beach depending on where you parked. If you park at the shopping center (which is not gated) you can just walk across PCH to the beach. Not sure you can do this anymore....as they may ticket you.

Quote:

Why do you think so much of the beach has no free parking - is it because it's owned by the state? Who owns Ocean Beach in SF?
You pay a fee for entering National Parks (like Yosemite), why shouldn't a user of a state beach have to pay to park there? Your use of the park/beach will impose certain costs so why not pay for what you use.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Malibu Colony is gated so you won't be able to get in there unless you know someone. But you could walk to the beach depending on where you parked. If you park at the shopping center (which is not gated) you can just walk across PCH to the beach. Not sure you can do this anymore....as they may ticket you.
When I said Malibu Colony, I meant the Malibu Colony Plaza which is the mall with a Ralph's. You would have to walk through some houses to get to the beach. The PCH is north of the mall.

Also, I wonder if you can go north of PCH to the residential areas and park near houses for free, and then walk down to the ocean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles