Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 15,080 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a Gay or Gay Friendly doctor? Or know of how I could any gay or gay friendly doctors in Los Angeles? They need to be affiliated with kaiser, since that is my insurance provider. Any information would help. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 01:23 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,287,707 times
I'm just curious what separates a regular doctor from a gay friendly doctor? I'm honestly curious.

Does that mean you want a doctor who is friendly and gay?

Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
No matter what I went to see my doctor for, he would always tell me to take my pants off. Would that make him 'gay friendly' or just 'friendly gay'?

Sorry but OP's question made no sense to me. What is next, straight friendly dentist?

Old 08-27-2010, 03:13 AM

125 posts, read 385,141 times
Believe it or not, there are doctors who are bigots too. The OP is just looking for a kaiser affiliated doctor who is not anti-gay. Seems to me to be a perfectly normal question. I don't have any recommendations but hopefully someone else will.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:17 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,231,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
No matter what I went to see my doctor for, he would always tell me to take my pants off. Would that make him 'gay friendly' or just 'friendly gay'?
It depends. Did he wear a glove for the prostate exam or do it "in the raw"?

Old 08-27-2010, 03:19 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times
what a photo bluenoter. ;D

Old 08-27-2010, 01:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefunkyone View Post
Believe it or not, there are doctors who are bigots too. The OP is just looking for a kaiser affiliated doctor who is not anti-gay. Seems to me to be a perfectly normal question. I don't have any recommendations but hopefully someone else will.
Of course there are bigots in every field, but what is one to do, ask the doctor if he is straight or gay or how he feels about gays? Most people would have no idea about this and when one has to stay in a particular network, it might be harder to find one.

I agree with others, this is not the type of question that should be asked, nor does it have an answer...Too many people are hung up on gay versus straight. I had a gay doctor treat my binion years ago, this didn't faze me either way, he was good, the outcome was as good as any I have even seen and he was nice. End of story...

Nita

Old 08-27-2010, 04:35 PM

76 posts, read 236,630 times
This is a perfectly legitimate question. Being a gay man myself, it can be intimidating talking to your doctor if you don't feel comfortable. This can prevent gay men from being honest with their doctor and risk being mis-diagnosed.

I have a gay friend who's a doctor at Kaiser. I will ask him for some names he might recommend. Check back soon....

Old 08-27-2010, 06:17 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,722,363 times
I'm looking for gay plumber to fix my pipes. Can anybody make a recommendation?

Professional people such as doctors, lawyers, policemen, librarians, etc. don't advertise their sexual preference probably because it's nobodys business. Go to Kaiser and see a doctor and don't worry about sexual preference.

Last edited by humboldtrat; 08-27-2010 at 06:28 PM..

Old 08-27-2010, 06:28 PM

125 posts, read 385,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I'm looking for gay plumber to fix my plumbing. Can anybody make a recommendation?

Professional people such as doctors, lawyers, policemen, librarians, etc. don't advertise their sexual preference probably because it's nobodys business. Go to Kaiser and see a doctor and don't worry about sexual preference.

Do you often discuss your sex life with your plumber? Your concerns about STD's? Does he test your blood for HIV? Does he examine your genitals when you have question about a lump in your testicles? Comparing a plumber to someone like a doctor for the purposes of the OP's question is just stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles