Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:11 PM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times

Advertisements

I am with EscapeCalifornia,you need to be here to see and feel the area.There are gangs everywhere and anywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 PM

179 posts, read 921,587 times
i was gonna recomend what my despised opponent said. come visit the area. But still.. like Dragon ten said, those places are in motebello, not east L.A. Great places but they are not part of east L.A. but also, they are places people from east l.a. work and such. The Montebello mall and Alhambra and Whittier are where alot of high school and college students work.

The places i were talking about as classy, ... i 'd have to look up the names. yelp.com would probly have their names. and no, no macy's nordstrom here, an no gang member would be caught dead there. they consider it too ghetto. don't ask me why. The Macy's in motebello, last i checked was closed down.

In east L.A. you are mostly dealing with mom and pop stores, regardless of genetics. The only major shopping center that i can think of is a few blocks from my aunt's on whittier. It's got a target, lil ceasar, kmart, food for less and a few other super conglomerates.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:27 AM

Macy's is open.Has a home store section.and the other end has the regular Macy's at the Montebello Mall.I go there often

Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM

the reconstructions are annoying.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 AM

2 posts, read 13,389 times
I will be relocated to East LA next month , so thanks for starting this thread !!!!

Carol

Moderator cut: Removed

Last edited by xxman777; 06-30-2007 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Advertising

Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 AM

I just answered the same question on another thread

El Monte is part of East Los Angeles and also is within the San Gabriel Valley.
Look in the wikipedia,it will tell you eveything

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Los_Angeles_(region
There is a college in Monterey Park,it is called East L.A. College
You can probably call the college. There should be a student networking place where you want to ask all this question where the young people go.ask them anything.I suggest you go to the college and find out. good luck!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:49 PM

ELAC (East Los Angeles College) is NOT in Monterey park. It is precisely one block west of Monterey park, which is in Montebello. Believe me, i used to go there. El Monte is part of the San Gabriel valley, AND east of L.A. but not part of east l.a. That's why i said i live in boyle heights, which is east of l.a. but not part of east l.a.

If you want to consider a more expanded version of what is considered east L.A. as that which is east OF LA. well then you could count pasadena, alhambra, etc. But east L.A. proper, is it's own neighbor hood starting from five points (Quinto puntos) at the east edge of boyle heights, and ending on atlantic blvd, where the city of Montebello begins.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:11 AM

From the wikipedia link that dragonten gave:

Communities of East Los Angeles

* Aliso Village
* Arroyo Seco
* Atwater Village
* Cypress Park
* Boyle Heights
* Eagle Rock
* El Sereno
* Garvanza
* Glassell Park
* Hermon
* Highland Park
* Hillside Village
* Lincoln Heights
* Montecito Heights
* Monterey Hills
* Mt. Washington
* University Hills

Old 07-01-2007, 08:50 AM

15 posts, read 50,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I am with EscapeCalifornia,you need to be here to see and feel the area.There are gangs everywhere and anywhere
Tru dat!! We also have gangs where I used to live. A person in our local government got fire bombed.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:02 AM

15 posts, read 50,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstrak_tokatl View Post
i was gonna recomend what my despised opponent said. come visit the area. But still.. like Dragon ten said, those places are in motebello, not east L.A. Great places but they are not part of east L.A. but also, they are places people from east l.a. work and such. The Montebello mall and Alhambra and Whittier are where alot of high school and college students work.

The places i were talking about as classy, ... i 'd have to look up the names. yelp.com would probly have their names. and no, no macy's nordstrom here, an no gang member would be caught dead there. they consider it too ghetto. don't ask me why. The Macy's in motebello, last i checked was closed down.

In east L.A. you are mostly dealing with mom and pop stores, regardless of genetics. The only major shopping center that i can think of is a few blocks from my aunt's on whittier. It's got a target, lil ceasar, kmart, food for less and a few other super conglomerates.
Abstrak,

I would love to visit East L.A.. Unfortunately, I am a little gun shy considering my luggage was stolen 3 months ago on a NW flight to Las Vegas (a weeks worth of clothes) GONE! However, sometime in the future I plan on it! * How far is Montebello from East L.A!!! IN Miles??? I shall use this place as a meeting place!

You have been so helpfull !
Thanks,
Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles