Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 03:03 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It's what they get for deserting Ebbets Field!
Now now don't be bitter. They weren't doing much (1 title) in Brooklyn until they came to LA and won 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 11:10 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Yeah, I'm so glad he's gone. Arrogant guy. Two games we attended and both times the Dodgers lost.
I soured on Manny last year in the playoff game where he left the dugout a few innings before the game was over and went off to the clubhouse to be by himself. Good riddence to bad rubbish I say!

Old 09-04-2010, 11:17 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You're old enough to remember the PCL Angels and Stars.

Did you ever go to any games at Wrigley or Gilmore?
Remember the teams but never went to either field. Was out of CA from 1955 to 1960 and Gilmore was gone by the time we returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Now now don't be bitter. They weren't doing much (1 title) in Brooklyn until they came to LA and won 5.
True, but there was something home team like and charming about the "Brooklyn Bums."

Old 09-04-2010, 11:23 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Good riddance to the Predator (Manny).

Old 09-04-2010, 01:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Good riddance to the Predator (Manny).
Maybe the Janitorial staff will have a use for all the many Manny hats that they sell now that he has left. LOL

Old 09-04-2010, 04:50 PM

425 posts, read 958,814 times
The best thing that can come of this is The McCourts are forced to sell and Mark Cuban comes in and finally gets his hands on a MLB team after trying to/and failing to get the Cubs and Rangers.

My Dad was a big Brooklyn Dodgers fan growing up, (to this day he can't listen to the call "The Giants Win The Pennant! The Giants Win The Pennant! The Giants Win The Pennant!" without cursing up a storm.

So I always try and follow them and enjoy their success when it comes.

...well at least you guys out in L.A. still have the Clipp...er, I mean the Lakers! ;-)

now if only they could get a NFL team to commit to moving their.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:48 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,892,164 times
The divorce drama is stupid. It seems like every time I open up the LA Times, there's a front page story with "juicy" gossip about the divorce, how many lawyers, he, she is getting, how much this costs.

Its like the west coast version of Donald Trump and Ivana's divorce. The east coast papers had a field day with that. But its so trashy. It reeks of tabloidism. They're terrible role models for anyone in LA (esp young Dodger fans).

I don't know. They're the antithesis of Vin Scully and traditional "Dodgerism". The whole era seems sort of odd, like an aberration. I think we need an NFL team more.

LA is probably the only major city in the world that doesn't have a professional sports franchise as important as football is in the US. It'd be like London not having a soccer club. Or a major south american city not having a soccer club.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:55 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
The McCourts (esp the wife) are a few bricks short of a load & manny is a BIG flop & thats why he now plays for the white soxs.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:40 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottykick View Post
The best thing that can come of this is The McCourts are forced to sell and Mark Cuban comes in and finally gets his hands on a MLB team after trying to/and failing to get the Cubs and Rangers.

My Dad was a big Brooklyn Dodgers fan growing up, (to this day he can't listen to the call "The Giants Win The Pennant! The Giants Win The Pennant! The Giants Win The Pennant!" without cursing up a storm.

So I always try and follow them and enjoy their success when it comes.

...well at least you guys out in L.A. still have the Clipp...er, I mean the Lakers! ;-)

now if only they could get a NFL team to commit to moving their.
If Mark Cuban were to take over the Dodgers it would be worst than having the McCourts. Cuban is too emotional and spoiled. The McCourts were not all that welcomed when they bought the Dodgers and people wondered if they would support the team. Now all they do is fight it out in court while the Dodgers are falling further down in the standings.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:23 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,766,781 times
Sad that one of the most well known franchises in modern sports history is stuck with this cheapskate. On the bright side, the divorce showed everyone that Frank had a plan to cut spending and make the team more or less uncompetitive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles