Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Indian guys and interracial relationships, which ones have you seen or heard of?
Indian guy - White girl 18 47.37%
Indian guy - Black girl 11 28.95%
Indian guy - Latina 11 28.95%
Indian guy - East Asian girl 14 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 PM

803 posts, read 1,265,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Why don't you go to the New York forum or maybe Nebraska would be better suited for you.
Really? You are mocking other areas? Come on man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 PM

749 posts, read 1,862,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
Really? You are mocking other areas? Come on man.
If you found a girl then it really shouldn't matter. Good for you.

Regardless of what you've heard about an area, life is primarily about what you make it.

If you found your chica in a small town somewhere in the south, than I am sure you could pull the same thing off in a large, diverse city like Los Angeles.

I agree with the previous posters...this thread seems to have run its course.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:15 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Of-course every one has their own perceptions, but I think your observations can not be backed up with evidence. I had the opportunity to visit NYC several weeks ago. Admittedly, it was to attend a wedding and was only 4 days but I squeezed in as much as possible each day. My observations are different than yours but I also stayed in the Bronx and the wedding was in Brooklyn so I guess those areas are not necessarily representative of all of New York. The Bronx was brown and black and not a whole lot of inter-marriage except that there are black Latinos from some Caribbean nations. Manhattan was almost exclusively white but one would see interracial couples in places like Central Pk or Washington Sq. Maybe because it was a long weekend with lots of tourist, but NYC seemed less integrated than LA to me.
As an ex-NYer, I can tell you that you are very correct in your assessment at least between black and white couplings. NY is closet racist, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

California (both north and south) is very liberated concerning interracial romance where no one bats an eyelash. Well, in "some" cases. I remember walking with this very good looking latino dude and this brotha walked up to tell him that he was "very lucky" and high fived him. The dude did have that cholo leader-type vibe which the brotha respected. It was weird, but that was the only time anyone ever said anything.

Quote:
I live in the San Gabriel valley where the popultion is pretty much evenly divided among anglos, latinos and asians with lots of inter-marriage among all 3 racial\ ethnic groups. Los Angeles just has so many more "minorities" than any other city that I have visited that it is inevitable that inter-racial\ inter-ethnic couples exist.
LA is very diverse, but all of these ethnic groups tend to stay within their own culture. Assimilation is not common. This is the only thing that bothers me about this place. At least in NYC, immigrants (at least first generation) WILL assimilate with other cultures, if possible.

Living in a bubble is something I can't quite understand. I don't get it nor do I want to. Why move to a new country and only hang out with your own? It defeats the purpose of why you came.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:35 PM

maybe they came for economic opportunity or an economic upgrade

Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
If you found a girl then it really shouldn't matter. Good for you.

Regardless of what you've heard about an area, life is primarily about what you make it.

If you found your chica in a small town somewhere in the south, than I am sure you could pull the same thing off in a large, diverse city like Los Angeles.

I agree with the previous posters...this thread seems to have run its course.
and I agree with you

Old 09-20-2010, 05:32 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,232,240 times
Quote:
Only a bigot like you could believe garbage like that.
Actually, only a scientist such as myself could study all the relevant empirical data and reach a glaringly obvious conclusion.

Quote:
Life is so convenient when you can blame others for your pathetic life.
Life is so convenient using the reductionist's tactic of concluding with a tired platitude.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:37 PM

749 posts, read 1,862,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Actually, only a scientist such as myself could study all the relevant empirical data and reach a glaringly obvious conclusion.

Life is so convenient using the reductionist's tactic of concluding with a tired platitude.
What kind of "science" are you referring to? Eugenics?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:44 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,232,240 times
Quote:
What kind of "science" are you referring to? Eugenics?
More like sociology, but we can discuss eugenics if you prefer because I know a great deal about that as well.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Default Probably shouldn't do this but aww heck.

I read some of the stuff I posted on this thread and some of it was out of bounds. I have stayed in Southern Cal but have not lived there nearly as long to formulate an educated opinion. Currently I am single (had some great times with the Latina I was dating but her temper was a bit too much) and well, I learned a lot. Still like Latinas but that is beside the point.

I went a bit too far and out of a limited and small amount of experience I based my stereotype of a place as being that way. I am sure So Cal has a lot to offer and maybe one day I will have a good experience there. Seems like a pleasant place and maybe it was just a bad experience I had but it was wrong what I did.

Something else, the Indian guy Latina thing was dumb as heck anyways. I mean I can't even tell the difference between Indians and Hispanics in some cases and to be honest, sometimes I can't tell an Indian from an Italian!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:46 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times
i would have to say that NYC has way more inter-racial dating than LA. i lived in LA for 12 years and then moved to NYC in 2009. when in LA i lived on the west side and hung out primarily in the south bay (manhattan/hermosa beach), santa monica, and hollywood/west hollywood. in all those years i kid you not i must've seen maybe 5 indian guys with women of other races, however in a year of being in NYC i've seen more inter-racial couples than i ever saw in LA - just about any combination you can think of. and i go out alot, like 4+ times a week. i live in manhattan now in a trendy neighborhood (and hang out in the LES/soho/east village/tribeca/meat packing, occasionally foraying into williamsburg, brooklyn and astoria, queens).

i think if you're looking to date outside your race, NYC is definitely a better bet. as someone else already pointed out, in LA the races tend to have their own neighborhoods whereas in NYC it's much more mixed and so you tend to come in contact with other racial groups that much more.

good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles