Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 06:14 PM

8 posts, read 25,767 times

Advertisements

hey guys im moving to LA from the sunshine state in the next couple of months i havent been to LA since i was kid so i dont remember much i will turn 21 couple of weeks before i move i will be attending UCLA for college and would like to know any information on student apartment prices, the surrounding area, the nightlife outside the college and in the city(which im sure there's alot of) and any more information you guys can send my way about the city itself but other than that im pretty excited about moving toward this big city.

and btw are there any beaches close by? lets say an hr or so away
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 06:54 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
If you are coming to UCLA, I recommend taking a 1 week or 2 week trip there before you move. I know you are inevitably moving there but it's wise to get a feel for the area before you make the big move. There are cheap flights to LA from Fort Lauderdale Intl. Airport. And Orlando has non-stop flights. You might want to check Hotwire, Orbitz, or Expedia for cheap or reduced airline tickets. They have good deals. Good luck and congratulations! There's not too many Floridians representing at UCLA or LA in general! Make us proud!

Old 09-16-2010, 07:14 PM

Thanks man i was def thinking about going to come check it out probably around winter break but prices might go up by then and forsure im a big Kobe fan and well the area and school pretty much speak for itself from what i heard so i would be more than happy to represent it to the fullest haha.

anyone else have any info around the area just to get a cyber feel to it lol

Old 09-16-2010, 07:20 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
Everything you are asking for is there. The surrounding area has tons of shops, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. Beach is maybe a 10-15 minute drive when there is not traffic.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 PM

well i appreciate it, sounds kind of like Miami where i used to live but maybe a bit better

Old 09-16-2010, 08:57 PM

749 posts, read 1,863,038 times
Congrats.

Where are you tranferring from? What is your major? I didn't think UCLA took mid-year transfers?

Old 09-16-2010, 09:19 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
If you live by UCLA it's an easy drive or bus ride to the beach. The neighborhood is called Westwood, if you want to do some online searching. Students live all over the place, though, and not just in the immediate neighborhood.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
Congrats.

Where are you tranferring from? What is your major? I didn't think UCLA took mid-year transfers?
im transfering from University of Florida as a sophmore, im currently seeking to double major in finance and Business management, and i had a pending acceptance from my senior yr at high school, ucla has always been a school i wanted to attend but it wasnt possible for me at that time to attend, and this year i replied again and got accepted for spring term 2011.

My brother graduted with an MBA from UCLA 4 years ago idk if that played any role in my acceptance.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:44 PM

749 posts, read 1,863,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiefresh954 View Post
im transfering from University of Florida as a sophmore, im currently seeking to double major in finance and Business management, and i had a pending acceptance from my senior yr at high school, ucla has always been a school i wanted to attend but it wasnt possible for me at that time to attend, and this year i replied again and got accepted for spring term 2011.

My brother graduted with an MBA from UCLA 4 years ago idk if that played any role in my acceptance.
Again, congratulations! I guess your brother can give you pointers about where to live and what to expect.

Generally, the campus is in a Westwood which is a very nice (but not cheap) part of Los Angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: