Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:09 PM

491 posts, read 2,292,110 times

Advertisements

Correct. Breaking away is harder. Los Angeles won't let Pedro or the Valley secede.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 02:15 AM

179 posts, read 922,128 times
the valley won't be able to handle it just yet. They have too many problems. They need to resolve them first. Van Nuys is kinda getting it together but the other areas of the valley are too fractured.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:38 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,028,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHapa View Post
West Hollywood was just about to gain cityhood when I lived there in the 80's. Since I don't live there anymore I can't say whether it's improved or not.
Have you not been to WeHo since the 80s? I would say the place has changed for the better. It wasn't a bad place to begin with, but now that it's a city they have really done a lot to dress the place up. Santa Monica Blvd. between Doheny and La Brea looks better than it ever has lined with trees and nice landscraping, filled with well kept storefronts, and bustling with business from all of the boys. They even built a new shopping center at the intersection of SM Blvd and La Brea next to Formosa Cafe that blends very nicely with the overall feel of the Blvd now.

Likewise, Sunset Blvd is bustling and looks pretty cool too. Especially the Sunset Plaza area which has always had a swanky, European, mystique about it.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:17 AM

491 posts, read 2,292,110 times
I'm spoiled - I live in the South Bay by the beach now and that's a long drive. I only get on the freeway now to visit a friends in far-flung areas.

It wasn't bad when I lived there, but I did have to call the cops once to rustle up a stinky wino who fell asleep across the threshold of my building entrance, LOL.

I am overdue for a jaunt up near there to go to Angeli Cafe - one of my favorite restaurants of all time.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:40 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,028,244 times
Whaaaa...you only live in South Bay and haven't been to WeHo since the 80s? You have got to get out more, mi amigo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles