U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you make enough to qualify for a home loan in L.A.?
Do you personally earn over $110,000.00 per annum- YES 86 29.35%
Do you personally earn over $110,000.00 per annum- NO 207 70.65%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2006, 12:44 PM
 
625 posts, read 2,335,819 times
Reputation: 503

Advertisements

White persons, not Hispanic, percent, 2004 29.9%

Here--a linky-poo for you...

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/06037.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2006, 12:45 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 6,190,706 times
Reputation: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
And of course, Wikipedia is NEVER wrong...[/sarc]
no it could be wrong, but a 10 million people mistake is pretty difficult to miss.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2006, 12:46 PM
 
989 posts, read 5,658,444 times
Reputation: 867
Caucasion population is down from 46% to 28%. I think that says a lot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2006, 12:49 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 6,190,706 times
Reputation: 340
Pardon me I was incorrect because of an old chart I was recalling referring to demographics. But, there are still 3.3 million white people in Los Angeles County out of 10.2 million. With regards to my earlier estimates of 4.5 to 5 million.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2006, 12:50 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 6,190,706 times
Reputation: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Caucasion population is down from 46% to 28%. I think that says a lot.
It's probably more like 99% to 28% over the years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2006, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Concord, CA
31 posts, read 288,422 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
It's probably more like 99% to 28% over the years.
actually..
(I'm speaking of America as a whole now, not just LA)
According to Time magazine's America By the Numbers, they estimate that by the year 2020, only 50% of Americans will be classified as "Caucasian"
currently thats 74%. Reason: Hispanics are having way more kids and outnumbering the amount whites do.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2006, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Concord, CA
31 posts, read 288,422 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
And of course, Wikipedia is NEVER wrong...[/sarc]

Adding to Sparky's statement..
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.I could go in right now and change that 10,253,752 whatever to 7 million. Don't count on Wiki.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 6,190,706 times
Reputation: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal06 View Post
actually..
(I'm speaking of America as a whole now, not just LA)
According to Time magazine's America By the Numbers, they estimate that by the year 2020, only 50% of Americans will be classified as "Caucasian"
currently thats 74%. Reason: Hispanics are having way more kids and outnumbering the amount whites do.
I didn't see your last quote on this thread. I was referring to Newport Beach Most Wanted. And by 2020, there will hopefully not be a steady increase of racism.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2006, 03:19 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
14,653 posts, read 24,299,260 times
Reputation: 27891
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I didn't see your last quote on this thread. I was referring to Newport Beach Most Wanted. And by 2020, there will hopefully not be a steady increase of racism.
Hey dusesean, I live right next door to you in MB, just east of the 405. If you want to keep in touch PM me - I have to say you appear to be the only poster I have seen who has something positive to say about LA, and it appears to me like the majority of people posting here are bitter that they are no longer the majority. I may be banned for what I'm about to write but it will all be worth it since I don't see too much objectivity here.

How can you people call yourselves Americans by the way? The great American melting pot? Land of the free and the home of the brave? Did I miss the disclaimer "only as long as whites are in the majority"? People are posting data about racial percentages past present and projected future. Why is this even relevant today?

I guess I'll play the devil's advocate again and come to the defense of those "dirty illegals". Someone on this thread posted something about how 30 to 40 of 'them' stand around at Home Depot waiting for a chance to work - when was the last time some real 'Amehrrican' career welfare collector tried to do something like that? Someone else claimed that 'they' are living 12 people to a studio apartment or something like that - well, when was the last time some "Amehrrican" was willing to sacrifice their personal comfort for the greater good of their family? Why does this bother people so?

I am not saying that illegal immigration is right - far from it. I don't support anyone breaking the law. But they are here now, and they are willing to do things that the "middle class" would not fathom to lower themselves to performing. The elected lawmakers need to earn their keep and adapt to the situation with new legislation.

And I don't understand why the "middle class" feels they are entitled to own a house. Who ever said that a teacher's salary is going to afford the middle class lifestyle in one of the most desireable geographic areas in all of the US? And not singling out teachers specifically, why does anyone feel they are entitled to homeownership without earning and saving? If homeownership in LA is what you want, find out what it takes to earn that and then do it. Others seem to be able to figure it out and are doing it, right? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Something I have noticed amongst my caucasian peers is the "demand/get" mentality and a false sense of entitlement. They see shows like the Bravo Housewives one and feel like they "missed out" on something - cheated even - because they aren't satisfied with what they already have. Not everyone gets to live in Coto de Caza, not everyone gets to be Paris Hilton, and that's just life by golly! Going to college and getting a BS or even an MBA doesn't mean you are granted direct access straight to the top of the corporate ladder and that you don't have to "pay your dues" along the way.

Everyone should consider "The Millionaire Next Door" mandatory reading. It illustrates why those among us who are wealthy got to be wealthy. Some interesting things most of LA doesn't want to consider - all of the wealthy polled OWNED their cars. No, they didn't lease (rent) them from a financial institution. Just one example of how people live above their means and then wonder why they are in a hole financially. The wealthy make sacrifices most people around here would consider draconian.

That's my $0.02. I think I'll recommend this site to my sister, it's one of the many that seems to reward bitter and negative posts with "recommendations". She likes negativity. I prefer to surround myself with positive energy that emanates from upbeat and optimistic people who believe in their own success and thereby realize it too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2006, 03:26 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 6,190,706 times
Reputation: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Hey dusesean, I live right next door to you in MB, just east of the 405. If you want to keep in touch PM me - I have to say you appear to be the only poster I have seen who has something positive to say about LA, and it appears to me like the majority of people posting here are bitter that they are no longer the majority. I may be banned for what I'm about to write but it will all be worth it since I don't see too much objectivity here.

How can you people call yourselves Americans by the way? The great American melting pot? Land of the free and the home of the brave? Did I miss the disclaimer "only as long as whites are in the majority"? People are posting data about racial percentages past present and projected future. Why is this even relevant today?

I guess I'll play the devil's advocate again and come to the defense of those "dirty illegals". Someone on this thread posted something about how 30 to 40 of 'them' stand around at Home Depot waiting for a chance to work - when was the last time some real 'Amehrrican' career welfare collector tried to do something like that? Someone else claimed that 'they' are living 12 people to a studio apartment or something like that - well, when was the last time some "Amehrrican" was willing to sacrifice their personal comfort for the greater good of their family? Why does this bother people so?

I am not saying that illegal immigration is right - far from it. I don't support anyone breaking the law. But they are here now, and they are willing to do things that the "middle class" would not fathom to lower themselves to performing. The elected lawmakers need to earn their keep and adapt to the situation with new legislation.

And I don't understand why the "middle class" feels they are entitled to own a house. Who ever said that a teacher's salary is going to afford the middle class lifestyle in one of the most desireable geographic areas in all of the US? And not singling out teachers specifically, why does anyone feel they are entitled to homeownership without earning and saving? If homeownership in LA is what you want, find out what it takes to earn that and then do it. Others seem to be able to figure it out and are doing it, right? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Something I have noticed amongst my caucasian peers is the "demand/get" mentality and a false sense of entitlement. They see shows like the Bravo Housewives one and feel like they "missed out" on something - cheated even - because they aren't satisfied with what they already have. Not everyone gets to live in Coto de Caza, not everyone gets to be Paris Hilton, and that's just life by golly! Going to college and getting a BS or even an MBA doesn't mean you are granted direct access straight to the top of the corporate ladder and that you don't have to "pay your dues" along the way.

Everyone should consider "The Millionaire Next Door" mandatory reading. It illustrates why those among us who are wealthy got to be wealthy. Some interesting things most of LA doesn't want to consider - all of the wealthy polled OWNED their cars. No, they didn't lease (rent) them from a financial institution. Just one example of how people live above their means and then wonder why they are in a hole financially. The wealthy make sacrifices most people around here would consider draconian.

That's my $0.02. I think I'll recommend this site to my sister, it's one of the many that seems to reward bitter and negative posts with "recommendations". She likes negativity. I prefer to surround myself with positive energy that emanates from upbeat and optimistic people who believe in their own success and thereby realize it too.
Very well written...where East of the 405 is your dwelling...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top