Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 09:25 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALady View Post
The Mayor got thoroughly booed at the soccer presentation for Beckman and Posh Spice today. BOOOO BOOOO!
Good! I'm glad. He treated his wife like utter crap!

He stopped wearing his wedding ring. One day his wife asked him why. He told her "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS". What a disgusting man!

I still can't get over the fact that she took him back when he ran off with a close friend's wife. All this while she had cancer! The sleaze couldn't even stand by her until she healed. Jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 11:32 PM

636 posts, read 2,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Good! I'm glad. He treated his wife like utter crap!

He stopped wearing his wedding ring. One day his wife asked him why. He told her "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS". What a disgusting man!

I still can't get over the fact that she took him back when he ran off with a close friend's wife. All this while she had cancer! The sleaze couldn't even stand by her until she healed. Jerk.
Anyone see the clip? the news showed it over and over again. Announcer: ".... the mayor of los angeles". HUGE BOOS ERUPT.. the mayor sits there with this big fake grin on his face. He looked like he was thinking "what the hell?" It was GREAT!

Old 07-14-2007, 12:36 AM

2 posts, read 5,064 times
Default Another moral politician

I would rather have his ex and kids there then his mistress. Another moral politician my children can look up to. "Gee Mom I want to be just like the Mayor you know the one who cheated on his wife and kicked his family to the curb." Now that’s a man who keeps his word, kinda like Dreamz on Survivor. Chuck full of honesty and integrity, one we want to entrust our cities decisions on in a moment of passion.
Sadly somebody will justifiy his lack of integrity to his marrage they always do. Excuses, Excuses, Excuses, when in reality there is no excuse for a man or a woman to dishonor their vows.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:49 AM

652 posts, read 2,803,690 times
I heard him get booed while listening to John and Ken. I also heard parts of his little rant against them. Great stuff.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:08 AM

636 posts, read 2,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_LA_Landord View Post
I would rather have his ex and kids there then his mistress. Another moral politician my children can look up to. "Gee Mom I want to be just like the Mayor you know the one who cheated on his wife and kicked his family to the curb." Now that’s a man who keeps his word, kinda like Dreamz on Survivor. Chuck full of honesty and integrity, one we want to entrust our cities decisions on in a moment of passion.
Sadly somebody will justifiy his lack of integrity to his marrage they always do. Excuses, Excuses, Excuses, when in reality there is no excuse for a man or a woman to dishonor their vows.
Welcome Ex_LA_landlord.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
I heard him get booed while listening to John and Ken. I also heard parts of his little rant against them. Great stuff.
LOL! I did too. They're a trip. I usually don't listen to them, because their anti-mexican rants get on my nerves, but Antonio definitely deserved the criticism this time.

I'm still trying to figure out why his teeth weren't found on the floor of their home or why he didn't suffer a concussion from the bat that SHOULD have cracked his skull after he told his wife it was none of her business why he wasn't wearing his wedding ring. (Wouldda been MY reaction.) Then come to find out he's been seeing this woman for EIGHTEEN MONTHS!! Practically the entire time he's been mayor. The fact that he's still ALIVE and his wife isn't on trial for manslaughter is beyond me.

Once it became public on how crappy he's treated his wife over the years, the public (thankfully) have decided that they will NOT be having it. You know these affairs must have affected his children also.

Needless to say he will NOT be governor.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:05 PM

240 posts, read 1,423,291 times
I am saddened that the mayor was not able to resolve personal issues before he began an affair, but I don't consider the private relationship between a husband and a wife, even when one party is mayor of the city, to be any of my business.

What concerns me is the job that the Mayor is doing for the city of Los Angeles. This mayor has been one of the most active mayors that LA has had in a while. He goes out of his office and into the community and is actively trying to find ways to improve the city. I read the statistics on LA and it appears that Los Angeles has about a fifty percent Hispanic population base, so if the mayor did not actively try to find ways to serve this segment of the population, he would actually be neglecting almost fifty percent of citizens that he serves.

I know this response won't be popular. But, this year LA gave us small business people a break on our city taxes, so I guess I am inclined to give the mayor a break as well.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:26 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine Joan View Post
This mayor has been one of the most active mayors that LA has had in a while. He goes out of his office and into the community and is actively trying to find ways to improve the city.
He has been one of the most active when it comes to photo opportunities and public appearances, but when it comes to actually getting things done and making real progress that people can actually see and feel, there isn't much of a record so far. I liked him at first and favored him over Hahn in the last election, but Hahn was actually a better mayor when comes down to real accomplishmet. For example, one of Hahn's greatest legacies among other things was hiring Police Chief Bratton and the significant reduction in violent crime the city has seen. Now that's an accomplishment.

Thus far Antonio only seems to be good at smiling at the camera and organizing marches for illegal aliens at inopportune times of the day.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine Joan View Post
I know this response won't be popular. But, this year LA gave us small business people a break on our city taxes, so I guess I am inclined to give the mayor a break as well.
I understand your feelings Christine Joan, but the reason why I can't give him a break is because his personal issues hit to close to my own personal life. My father was a verbally abusive man that disrespected my mother at every turn. Outsiders thought he was "charming". He was careful not to show his REAL face. I hated my mother for being a doormat, but now that I'm older I understand.

I will never see Antonio the same way again. He should have left his wife BEFORE becoming Mayor or divorced her BEFORE having an affair with anyone.

See? That's the problem. Men NEVER leave their wives or girlfriends, unless they have someone else waiting for them. Women will leave their spouses in a heartbeat just for the sheer freedom of it all.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 AM

179 posts, read 921,379 times
Marilyn i empathize with that issue, my father did the same, but i don't grasp how that effects running the city.

Emotional issues being different from logical ones (ok, i watched to much star trek)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles