Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 05:15 AM

89 posts, read 207,673 times

Advertisements

2024 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles

I want the olympics back in my beloved Los Angeles in the year 2024.

TThe people in Los Angeles go to your city mayor and make them bid.

2024 is 40 years after 1984.

Los angeles is a nice place in the summer time it hardly rains and the teps are nice aswell.

With USA hosting the Games i can realy see LA, NYC, LV, Honolulu and Dallas hosting the Summer Games.

Chicago bidderd for the 2016 Games but i dont ever think that they will get the Games.

For the 2020 Summer Olympics I think the IOC will go for their Harts and give the Games to Cape Town South Africa. 1st in Africa.

I was'nt alive for the 1984 Games i want to see the olympics in Los Angeles.

So what do you think about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 06:18 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,986,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter 1 View Post
2024 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles

I want the olympics back in my beloved Los Angeles in the year 2024.

TThe people in Los Angeles go to your city mayor and make them bid.

2024 is 40 years after 1984.

Los angeles is a nice place in the summer time it hardly rains and the teps are nice aswell.

With USA hosting the Games i can realy see LA, NYC, LV, Honolulu and Dallas hosting the Summer Games.

Chicago bidderd for the 2016 Games but i dont ever think that they will get the Games.

For the 2020 Summer Olympics I think the IOC will go for their Harts and give the Games to Cape Town South Africa. 1st in Africa.

I was'nt alive for the 1984 Games i want to see the olympics in Los Angeles.

So what do you think about it?
Regardless of whether or not Cape Town gets the 2020 games, the USOC apparently isn't planning to put in a bid at all, so they won't be in the U.S. either way.

The only U.S. mention I've heard about the 2024 games is Philadelphia. But that's a long way off - those games won't even be awarded until 2017.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Regardless of whether or not Cape Town gets the 2020 games, the USOC apparently isn't planning to put in a bid at all, so they won't be in the U.S. either way.

The only U.S. mention I've heard about the 2024 games is Philadelphia. But that's a long way off - those games won't even be awarded until 2017.
yes i heard from cape town they said they are not ready to host the games but i think by 2036 they will be ready.

Cape Town is the most visterd city in Africa with 1.7 million internation vists. But the IOC reqiers 40,000 hotels roomes in the 3-5 star sector and its the most advance city in Africa.

Cape Town will be ready.
Durban is a joke ive been to Durban for the World Cup it's a horried city the people live their lived with brbe wire on their fence and the area is inesterd with HIV.
Cape Town Health Durban health Band.

Cape Town Very nice place but it's still go a massive poverty problem but unlest the Goverment their in the Western Cape care on impoving the poverty.

ive been to the big 4 city in S Africa Cape Town, Joe, Durban and Port Eliz.

Cape Town is the only city in the whole of Africa wich they can pull on such event.

Western Cape is runned 10 times better then any others areas in South Africa

I think Tokyo will win the bid for 2020

Ive been to Philadelphia it's not a great place for the olympics.

Los Angeles is A Great Place for the Games perfact weather well liked they got Disneyland Hollywood, lots of studios and great atmosphere.

This Games would only cost you about 2 billion $ maxs

Come on bid please the whole world likes Los Angeles

Old 10-06-2010, 08:16 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,986,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter 1 View Post
yes i heard from cape town they said they are not ready to host the games but i think by 2036 they will be ready.

Cape Town is the most visterd city in Africa with 1.7 million internation vists. But the IOC reqiers 40,000 hotels roomes in the 3-5 star sector and its the most advance city in Africa.

Cape Town will be ready.
Durban is a joke ive been to Durban for the World Cup it's a horried city the people live their lived with brbe wire on their fence and the area is inesterd with HIV.
Cape Town Health Durban health Band.

Cape Town Very nice place but it's still go a massive poverty problem but unlest the Goverment their in the Western Cape care on impoving the poverty.

ive been to the big 4 city in S Africa Cape Town, Joe, Durban and Port Eliz.

Cape Town is the only city in the whole of Africa wich they can pull on such event.

Western Cape is runned 10 times better then any others areas in South Africa

I think Tokyo will win the bid for 2020

Ive been to Philadelphia it's not a great place for the olympics.

Los Angeles is A Great Place for the Games perfact weather well liked they got Disneyland Hollywood, lots of studios and great atmosphere.

This Games would only cost you about 2 billion $ maxs

Come on bid please the whole world likes Los Angeles
In your first post you said you think Cape Town will win the 2020 bid. In your second post you say you think Tokyo will win the 2020 bid. You should make up your mind.

Philadelphia is as good a place as anywhere else to hold the Olympics. The fact that you don't like it (and I don't, either) has no bearing on whether or not the IOC will chose it or some other city.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
In your first post you said you think Cape Town will win the 2020 bid. In your second post you say you think Tokyo will win the 2020 bid. You should make up your mind.
1st post i said was this.

2nd post i said this I think Tokyo Japan will win the Bid. You miss insterped

I think Tokyo Japan for 2020.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:16 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times
we've already had it twice, why not share the love?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 AM

That never stop London from having it 3 times. Well it's only Manchster and London as the only 2 citys in UK wich is cappable to host the Games.

With USA I think you bets chance is with Los Angeles

Old 10-07-2010, 01:49 AM

63 posts, read 281,099 times
Perhaps even San Diego, 10 years from now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles