Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 09:00 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Yeah, life's a drag when the lungs don't work anymore and you have to breath out yer butt.
Well one thing, you could go snorkeling and reduce the amount of equipment you need to bring or rent by one item, the snorkel itself no longer being necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 09:27 AM

8,321 posts, read 13,450,418 times
With all these crazy responses, poor fella from Norway probably stopped breathing due to shock!

Breathing is very important, martial artists, yoga practitioners and most other athletes know this dearly. Breathing is a key activity whether you are physically active or not, breathing that occurs as a bodily function is often done incorrectly. Most people hold their breath when instead they should actually be breathing stronger and faster or they exhale when they should be inhaling and vice versa. I know the whole act of breathing sounds too basic that most everyone laughs when someone suggest 'teaching' how to breath.

Sadly, quite a few people suffer from breathing related problems, some even during sleep (stop breathing time-to-time, etc.) causing bad sleeping patterns, etc. Simple topic and basic act of breathing yet such a key element for a healthy body and mind. I am not an expert, far from it but I have come to understand and appreciate the importance of proper breathing.

Torixx, you might want to set up a web blog or a simple web page with all relevant info about it, then print some flyers/biz cards and drop them off at any business that lets you where there is a lot of foot traffic. Coffee shops, health spas and smoke shops would be a good place to start. OK, I was kidding about the smoke shops but you never know, right?

Old 10-30-2010, 02:21 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,642 times
I joked, but learning how to breathe properly IS pretty amazing. I gave birth sans drugs by just breathing and learning hypnotic methods. And I've noticed that when I do my slow deep (hypno) breathing when I put my baby to bed, she generally goes to sleep (or, at least, settles down) right away. It's great for stress or relaxing.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:39 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Even competitive ballroom dancers have a certain method of breathing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles