Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 01:58 PM

8 posts, read 44,427 times

Advertisements

I need to find a good 2BR/1-2BATH apartment by april 2011 and I'm just curious if anyone knows of a good apartment in the Burbank/Glendale area.

I'm trying to stay as close to downtown Burbank as possible... as I really like the area and I work nearby. I've been hunting for apartments for around a month now and every so often I find a decent looking place but I'm just not sure it's actually as decent as they are making it look.

It's always best to hear actual reviews from people so that's why I'm asking.

So anyway, here's what I'm looking for, and the price range I'd like:

2BR/1-2BATH
central air/heat
at least some of the appliances
decent storage space (like a walk in closet or something)
new-ish building or at least it looks new/clean and not run down
washer/dryer in unit would be great but not a must

I'm looking to spend $1300-$1800 a month.

So far I've found just a few that fit all of these criteria, but I'm just not really sure that they will actually turn out to be great. I mean, in terms of dealing with the management, security, repairs, noise, etc. Stuff you just can't know until you live there.

So if anyone has lived or is currently living in a place that they really love/loved, then please let me know where it is. Thanks!

Oh, and I'm currently living at Oakwood Apartments which is tolerable but I'm trying to find something with a bit more space and closer to downtown Burbank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM

252 posts, read 387,103 times
There are really good apartments in that range in the Toluca lake border area. I am paying $1650 for a very niced size 2 bed/2 bath with my own washer/dryer that is near Disney/Warner bros. Check out craigslist for this side of Burbank, there are lots of buildings like this listed.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:03 AM

63 posts, read 168,069 times
Be careful at Oakwood. I stayed there for a few weeks a few years ago with my daughter. There were apartments broken into during the day and the unit was dirty. We went back again the next year (had to go there because my daughter was in a program where that is where the teens were housed) but left the first night because of bedbugs. Gross. Saw them right away and got out and were fortunate not to have taken any with us. Itching just remembering.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 AM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,642 times
We pay $1675 for a smallish (around 800 sq ft) 2 bedroom/1 bath in a triplex in Burbank. We have my own little (concrete) yard & a washer/dryer (which I had to buy). We had to buy my own fridge, too. And a countertop dishwasher. There's hardly any storage, so we have to rent out a storage unit. Parking for 1 car (which seriously sucks because we need another car).

It's a cute little place, and I like it, but I often wonder if we're paying too much.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
We pay $1675 for a smallish (around 800 sq ft) 2 bedroom/1 bath in a triplex in Burbank. We have my own little (concrete) yard & a washer/dryer (which I had to buy). We had to buy my own fridge, too. And a countertop dishwasher. There's hardly any storage, so we have to rent out a storage unit. Parking for 1 car (which seriously sucks because we need another car).

It's a cute little place, and I like it, but I often wonder if we're paying too much.
In my opinion, you are paying way too much for Burbank. I'm on the Toluca Lake/Burbank border and I have a 2 bedroom with a washer/dryer, about 1000/1100 square feet or so, for $1650. My place came with the washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave and underground parking.

I don't have a yard though, so that could be a difference.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:34 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,642 times
I also needed a place that took pets (cats & a dog) and had a short (or month-to-month) lease. Plus, my husband had to find a place within 3 days (we moved from out of state). We didn't want to live in a complex, either.

So... considering, I think we did FAIRLY well. But, yeah, I think we can do better once we have some time to look.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
I also needed a place that took pets (cats & a dog) and had a short (or month-to-month) lease. Plus, my husband had to find a place within 3 days (we moved from out of state). We didn't want to live in a complex, either.

So... considering, I think we did FAIRLY well. But, yeah, I think we can do better once we have some time to look.
Ah, yeah, that's different - really hard to find pet friendly apartments in Burbank. Sounds like you did very well for yourself.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 AM

8 posts, read 44,427 times
I found a beautiful 1250sqft apartment in downtown burbank. 2br 2bath, really nice neighborhood, has everything I was wanting and more... all for under $1600. So I'm pretty happy with that. Thanks for the advice everyone. Oh, and it's even better because Oakwood (the place we are about to leave) has decided that in order to provide their great "customer support" and "amenities" they are jacking up the rent another $50 a month. I'm sorry, but $1540 for a tiny little 720sqft 1 bed/1bath apartment (this sqft includes the patio) is just outrageous. Not to mention the service/amenities haven't changed at all, and they are just raising the rent because they can. Glad to be getting out of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles