Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 10:03 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,191,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
Then its funny, a regular american girl waiting tables in west la. Who'd be one of the top 20 most attractive girls in her highschool in a town of 50,000.
I have lived in California for 43 out of 45 years and can't figure out what you guys are talking about when you say regular American girls. What the heck is that? Today I will spend time with my wifes family and I will be surrounded by 20 or 30 regular American girls and as many regular American guys. They grew up here, they watch regular American TV, have regular American dreams and thoughts. Oh and many of them speak both Spanish and English. They make fun of the people that just crossed the border calling them Chedders. Funny thing is that their grandparents were the Chedders in their day. These girls are as American as any American I have ever seen with their Coach Purses and their fashionable clothes. So I am wondering what do you mean by Regular American?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 10:05 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,191,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I can't believe that no one has pointed out the large number of attractive, college-aged Asian-American chicks who live around the UCLA campus yet...
UCLA = Usually Caucasians Living around Asians

Old 12-25-2010, 10:38 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,351,456 times
Quote:
Not true. Probably at least a third, maybe more of the Persian population in LA is Jewish. That's one of the main reasons they started emigrating to LA in large numbers in the late 70's and early 80's... that whole Ayatollah Assahola thing.

To speak nothing of the Coptic Christian or Zoroastrian populations...
Copts are usually from Egypt, not from Iran. They are Oriental Orthodox Christians in communion with the Armenian Orthodox Church and Ethiopian Orthodox Church.
Copt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christians from Iran tend to be Armenian, with some Assyrian minorities.

As for the OP, yeah there are a lot of hot Middle Eastern girls generally speaking in the LA area. I went to school with this one Persian girl back in elementary school..and man, when she came of age, she really came of age Unfortunately, I'm pretty poor at keeping contact with people, so we lost touch except for Facebook. Sad, because she was actually cool.

Ahh man, I remember back when I was taking classes at community college when I was 16, I knew this half Greek, half Armenian girl who was so pretty that it shocked me. I got extremely close to her and we were seeing each other for a little while, but due to me being a generally inept person when it came to girls back then, I never told her that I changed my phone number and we lost touch with each other

Pretty girls out here tend to come in all flavors. It's like Baskin Robbins, except all the flavors taste good.

It helps having an Arabic name with Middle Eastern girls. They try figuring me out like its so hard to believe that Muslims can come from Southeast Asia...LOL!

Old 12-25-2010, 12:11 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,769,628 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is-_V...yer_embedded#!

Old 12-25-2010, 01:08 PM

11,054 posts, read 16,751,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
UCLA = Usually Caucasians Living around Asians
And inasmuch as I mainly spent time around UCLA taking Asian girls I was dating out for lunch or dinner, that sounds just about right

Old 12-25-2010, 01:18 PM

11,054 posts, read 16,751,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I have lived in California for 43 out of 45 years and can't figure out what you guys are talking about when you say regular American girls. What the heck is that? Today I will spend time with my wifes family and I will be surrounded by 20 or 30 regular American girls and as many regular American guys. They grew up here, they watch regular American TV, have regular American dreams and thoughts. Oh and many of them speak both Spanish and English. They make fun of the people that just crossed the border calling them Chedders. Funny thing is that their grandparents were the Chedders in their day. These girls are as American as any American I have ever seen with their Coach Purses and their fashionable clothes. So I am wondering what do you mean by Regular American?
I think that "regular" is a stand-in for "white" in this circumstance.

I always think it's funny when people automatically seem to assume that all white people in the US are "whitebread Americans," i.e. conservative, culturally-insensitive, etc; and that all nonwhite people in the US are anything but.

I dated a Vietnamese-American gal in LA who was from San Diego originally, and when we went down there for dinner, her dad started telling me all about how America was the greatest country on earth, but that the Jewish liberal media were ruining it, all in a thick, high-pitched Vietnamese accent. Then he showed me his gun collection.

I've known Jews who voted for Bush... Mexican-Americans who belive we should put up a huge Berlin-style wall up at the border... Indians who think Sarah Palin is awesome... and blonde-haired blue-eyed white Americans who speak three different Asian languages, practice an Eastern faith, and feel more comfortable sitting on the floor and eating with chopsticks than sitting in a recliner and eating a cheeseburger. We take all types here in this land.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:21 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,339,886 times
Pics please !

Old 12-25-2010, 01:51 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,351,456 times
Quote:
and blonde-haired blue-eyed white Americans who speak three different Asian languages, practice an Eastern faith, and feel more comfortable sitting on the floor and eating with chopsticks than sitting in a recliner and eating a cheeseburger. We take all types here in this land.
Wow...that takes me back.

I remember in Middle School, my History teacher once asked me "Are you Filipino?" to which I respond "Yes, I am" He starts speaking to me in Tagalog in an impeccable Filipino accent, to which my only response was nodding incessantly because I was in shock. I felt so ashamed of myself that someone knew my parent's language better than I did. It turns out that he's married to a Filipina that he met during his brief stint in the US Navy.

It's weird, but I have never even dated a Filipina before. I need to get on that ASAP.

Gotta love America though. You can be whatever you want, and you'll be accepted for it. Also, having access to delicious food and exotic girls doesn't hurt either!

Best place to pick up on Middle Eastern girls in the LA area is ALWAYS around a hookah bar. You'd think at some point, they'd buy their own hookahs, but they never do.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:05 PM

749 posts, read 1,854,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Wow...that takes me back.

It's weird, but I have never even dated a Filipina before. I need to get on that ASAP.

Gotta love America though. You can be whatever you want, and you'll be accepted for it. Also, having access to delicious food and exotic girls doesn't hurt either!
Yes, you should. I have dated Filipinas....very hot and beautiful in my book.

I wish LA had a Thai Town equivalent with bars, restaurants, businesses, etc. I realize we have historic Fillipinotown but there is not the same concentration of businesses as say Thai Town.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:12 PM

749 posts, read 1,854,597 times
Quote:
I dated a Vietnamese-American gal in LA who was from San Diego originally, and when we went down there for dinner, her dad started telling me all about how America was the greatest country on earth, but that the Jewish liberal media were ruining it, all in a thick, high-pitched Vietnamese accent. Then he showed me his gun collection.

I've known Jews who voted for Bush... Mexican-Americans who belive we should put up a huge Berlin-style wall up at the border... Indians who think Sarah Palin is awesome... and blonde-haired blue-eyed white Americans who speak three different Asian languages, practice an Eastern faith, and feel more comfortable sitting on the floor and eating with chopsticks than sitting in a recliner and eating a cheeseburger. We take all types here in this land.
LOL! Yes, the Vietnamese-American community is reliably Republican. I've often seen a parallel between Cuban-Americans in Miami and the Vietnamese community in OC. Poitical exiles or refugees from a communist regime in the tropics. Very conservative political philosophy (or at least very anti-communist). Perhaps more pragmatic on social issues.

I am not Jewish but one of my best friends growing up is Jewish. His father was a DIEHARD conservative until the day he died a few years ago. My friend did not follow suit....I'd call him a raging moderate.

That said, i think the percentage of Jews who voted for Obama in 08 was upwards of 70% or 75%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles