Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 04:21 PM

215 posts, read 1,534,125 times

Advertisements

Can someone please give me a list some trendy areas in LA area, that has walkable nightlife, restaurants and shopping? I am looking for a trendy area that is safe to get an apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 04:22 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,195 times
Sounds like you would like Beverly Hills. How much can you spend a month on rent?

Old 12-27-2010, 04:30 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,597,482 times
almost everywhere. Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, West LA, Marina Del Rey, etc etc etc. Need more info.

If you're commuting to DTLA, like you suggested in your other thread, you might want something closer ....

Old 12-27-2010, 04:32 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times
^Beverly Hills has a lot of restaurants and shopping but it closes down fairly easy. Not much of a nightlife area.

You have a few good choices... but be warned that most are on the expensive side for rent

West Hollywood is without a doubt the best part of town to live in for walking distance to nightlife, shopping, restaurants. There are tons of places to go on Sunset Blvd (famous Sunset Strip), Santa Monica blvd (gay center), Melrose Ave (very famous shopping and restaurant area), La Cienega Blvd, Beverly Blvd (Beverly Center and Cedars Sinai), and 3rd Street. It's probably the most concentrated nightlife district in LA county. Most of the hot restaurants and clubs are around here, and the most fashionable shopping. Rents are not cheap here at all, studios alone can be 1100-1500.

Miracle Mile/Mid-Wilshire is just east of West Hollywood and has much of the same stuff, but less. The main anchor for life there is the Grove.

Downtown Santa Monica also has all of the above, though it's a little more tame and a little less trendy. It is also very expensive, more than West Hollywood even. That is because it is near the beach.

Hollywood, depending what part you live, also fits the bill. It is cheaper than West Hollywood but suffers from crime and other problems depending where you are. Best to live up near Sunset or Hollywood Blvd, west of Vine.

Downtown LA, but it borders some very bad areas and has a relatively small nightlife center.

Culver City and Venice Beach to some degree, but they are also a lot quieter. Culver City is also cheap compared to the above areas.

Finally, there is Studio City in the valley, but the nightlife there is pretty limited compared to West hollywood or santa monica.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:37 PM

215 posts, read 1,534,125 times
The only place I looked was Victoria Gardens in RC but that may be quite far from downtown LA. What about in Pasadena or Diamond Bar, these are some suggestion i was given by co workers.................
I can spend up to about 2000 on rent. I really dont want to spend that much but that is the max i can spend.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
I used to live at Sunset and La Cienega. Lot's of nightlife there - Sunset Plaza, Beverly Center, all kinds of clubs along Sunset. In fact, we moved away from there when we had our youngest son. The car alarms from the House of Blues going off all night kept us up and woke the baby - further keeping us up all night. But - it was fun before the baby arrived.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:30 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Los Feliz and Silverlake are two good areas close to downtown.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockhetHD View Post
The only place I looked was Victoria Gardens in RC but that may be quite far from downtown LA. What about in Pasadena or Diamond Bar, these are some suggestion i was given by co workers.................
I can spend up to about 2000 on rent. I really dont want to spend that much but that is the max i can spend.
Rancho Cucamonga and Diamond Bar are not places where you'll find those descriptions. Pasadena is a little better but still pretty quiet, everything closes early. Those 3 areas are fine if you want quiet suburbia.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:15 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,763,289 times
Downtown Long Beach, Belmont Shore

Old 12-27-2010, 06:20 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockhetHD View Post
Can someone please give me a list some trendy areas in LA area, that has walkable nightlife, restaurants and shopping? I am looking for a trendy area that is safe to get an apartment.
Culver City, Pasadena, Studio City, Silverlake, Los Feliz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles