Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 883 times

Advertisements

I know there are have been many posting with this same subject line, but unlike many of those postings my wife and I are not looking to be actors, models, singers or anything in those realms.
We are two young professionals, married 11 years and are interested in moving to Los Angeles after many times of visiting the area and falling in love with it.
My wife is in HR Manager/Director and I work in Upper Management for a retail company. We are both looking to start out in comparable roles and possibly grow in the years to come due to our hard work ethics.
We would be moving from Central Florida.
I would like to hear from people who have moved at one time to the region and how did it pan out?
What are the pros and cons of moving and living there?
I know the economy is bad and jobs are scarce, but we wouldn't move there until one of us would find a job and the other could find it once we were there.
Would anyone also suggest moving to another part of California? San Diego, San Fran...etc?
We just want to start fresh somewhere where there will be more oppertunity than we are now, because we have both peaked in this market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 11:08 PM

34 posts, read 66,820 times
Well I'm California born and bred and have lived in the two major areas. SF and LA. To me personally LA is so much better, the weather is nicer and the people are in general much more laid back. Anyway, the economy stinks but it's getting better. I relocated here 8 years ago and will never leave LA. Where else is the beach and the snow within an hour of each other. The people here are good looking (some a little to vain) but if you have a well thought out plan and don't think LA will be the be all end all to what you thought, you shoudl do fine. HOpe you guys enjoy it out here when you make the move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles