Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:50 PM

927 posts, read 2,466,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
dang how much was that superbowl check?
No idea, but it was a national commerical for Ice Breakers gum, so he recieved a lump sum of money in '08 and residual checks all the way until mid-09 I know. He picks up side jobs here and there, and doesn't live big by anymeans... I'm talking Kraft McNCheese, beat up car, watches every penny carefully, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 01:14 PM

600 posts, read 1,609,177 times
I know a bunch of young "actors" here in LA. So far all they've done was some extra work and small theater productions. We'll see how far they'll come and how long it takes for most of them until they finally give up and return to their home towns. I doubt most of them will make it big.

One of my friends used to be roommates with Mikah (sp?) from "Paranormal Activity" before he did the movie.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,231,569 times
I was at a party Saturday night, seeing a bunch of people I hadn't seen in years.

I was kind of amazed by how many of them were doing exactly what they wanted to do, and making a living at it. One guy is now producing bands and touring. He wife does music composition (I'm not entirely sure for what). They each have their own studios and make a living at it.

Another friend started an internet dating site that's doing really well. Another friend of mine said that 2 years ago, he decided he wanted to do voice-over work, but his mind to it, and now makes a living at it. He's also releasing 2 or 3 music CDs this year.

Interestingly, they're all about 40. (the voice-over guy is 44)

Old 02-03-2011, 05:08 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
It's the cigarettes, dude. And the faux wood panelling. Will kill every time.

I tried out being a freelance freelancer in L.A., but it didn't get too far. Something about being too stoned. Met Robert Goulet, though. And the "voice of Charlie Brown". At an awards show. Woohoo!
wow. just reading that, i feel more successful

Old 02-03-2011, 05:11 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times
also my roommate in venice was cast in a chevron commercial. she made and OBSCENE amount of money from that. she kept getting checks from foreign rights and all this. something like 40,000 all total. OBSCENE. she was and is a casting agent and was in the right place at the right time. she also got one of our building mates into that heniken commercial that aired during the superbowl a couple years ago and he made an obscene amount of money from that. it helps if you are multi-racial, young good looking and have a fantastic afro. i am not kidding. if i had an afro i would be a millionaire by now. as a white chick i have always coveted big lovely afros. : )

Old 02-03-2011, 05:25 PM

326 posts, read 813,710 times
very intersting stories =)

Old 02-04-2011, 01:25 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
als it helps if you are multi-racial, young good looking and have a fantastic afro.

Also helps if you're fat and disturbingly hideous. Freaks get their 15 minutes, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles