Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,142 times

Advertisements

I was out of work last year and received my fed extensions in CA. I was out of work a long time from 11/08 to 4/10. I was on the last teir (I believe teir 4) before the 20 week Fed Ed would kick in. I had 4 weeks left @$450 per on that teir before I started my new job in April of 2010. I was let go at the end of Oct 2010 from that job.

Since I only had one quearter count for my new benefits, I received only 13 weeks @ 347 per. from EDD for my benefits. That ended. Now EDD says I will get my last 4 weeks from EDD from the remainder I had left from last year at the rate of $450 per week.

They also said I did not make enough to get the 20 weeks of FED ED after I exhaust what I had left from a year ago? You see when I filed in Oct 2010 they didn't count the last quarter. They only counted the quarter from April, May and June (not July, August, September). Before the only quarter they counted (April to June) I had no work; I was on Unemployment.

Why can I NOT get FED ED. I'm a CA resident and I thought it was guaranteed as an extension. What is the law on eligibility to get FED ED?

Please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM

89 posts, read 214,451 times
When I had questions about unemployment and couldn't get anywhere with EDD, I contacted my state Assembly member's office. The staff was very helpful: They had most of the answers I needed, and were able to put me in touch with the right people at EDD for the rest. EDD's so overloaded that it still took a week for someone to get back to me... but at least someone from EDD got back to me.

Find your state government reps here:

Your Legislature

Good luck!

Old 02-13-2011, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 3,776 times
I was recently unemployed looking for jobs, and I realized that there are a lot of good job hunting websites out there. I found a new site called employist.com. There were all kinds of job postings and classifieds on there..most in los angeles, but even if you aren't from la, there might have been a few in there. They have a simple feature where you can upload your resume for employers to see (for free and no signup required) and that helped me a lot!

employist.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles