Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
Since when is Fox Hills Mall not a gang territory?
What are you talking about? Have you been to Fox Hills? Besides the Westfield Mall, there is a large office park, townhome and condo communites, and scores of apartments--all which are pretty nice and well maintained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 06:36 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,999 times
there's nothing wrong with the fox hills mall, except the stores. it has an under-staffed, poorly-maintained downmarket macy's, and a bunch of clothing and accessory shops of the type one would have found in the strip malls along slauson avenue in the 1980s. pretty poor excuse for a shopping mall, if you ask me-- especially considering the income level of residents of the surrounding communities in culver city and ladera heights.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:57 AM

652 posts, read 2,803,690 times
Gang members used to hang around the mall in the 90's.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:16 AM

29 posts, read 82,880 times
I grew up in Inglewood, then westchester. I know the fox hills mall well... the place sucks to shop and was frequented by gangbankers in the 80s. But the fox hills mall and its patrons is totally independent of the AREA itself. It's a good area - don't worry.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 AM

390 posts, read 389,038 times
I Don't Get It Everytime Something Is In A Black Majority Area, People Automatically Think That Its Gang Related, Or It's Bad That's Not All True America Needs To Grow Up!

Old 08-07-2007, 05:09 PM

13 posts, read 48,603 times
I live in the Fox hills area and I understand why people think it's not a good place to live if they have not lived there within the past 5 years. Since LA has a scarcity in affordable housing, cities like Mar Vista and Culver City have redeveloped and are now considered desirable places to live. There are parts close to Culver City that are not very good like the areas around La Cienega and Centinela but that is NOT Culver City. I've lived in LA all my life so I have a good idea of where bad areas are and Culver City is NOT a bad neighborhood. The person who is adamant that Culver City is a gang infested area should research his facts.
Percentage of total crime in the following cities compared to the national average of 100:
Santa Monica--154 %
Westchester--192 %
Venice--282%
Culver City--114%

Old 01-11-2009, 11:33 PM

3 posts, read 18,684 times
The Fox Hills Mall is great for all ages, it is set in a well populated and safe area with a slim to none gang population. Sometimes I find myself walking there with friends to socialize or browse new selections. The mall is constantly being updated, as of now a new food court is in production and Movie theater is being built. Fox Hills Mall is far from being the under dawg its a great family shopping environment with many new ideas in production.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 PM

956 posts, read 3,001,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteen28 View Post
The Fox Hills Mall is great for all ages, it is set in a well populated and safe area with a slim to none gang population. Sometimes I find myself walking there with friends to socialize or browse new selections. The mall is constantly being updated, as of now a new food court is in production and Movie theater is being built. Fox Hills Mall is far from being the under dawg its a great family shopping environment with many new ideas in production.
Don't a lot of gangs hang out in the mall?

Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 PM

956 posts, read 3,001,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Lopez View Post
I know the fox hills mall well... the place sucks to shop and was frequented by gangbankers in the 80s.
Gotta watch out for those gangbankers and their high interest rates -- and don't you dare try to overdraft your checking if you know what's good for you, dawg.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:23 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
As terrible as the Fox Hills Mall is/was, it was considered "high class" and "rich" compared to the old Hawthorn Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles