Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 07:39 PM

559 posts, read 1,373,476 times

Advertisements

Wow, that is an amazingly efficient use of your time. If you feel up to it, I'd like to hear more details of your itinerary and your impressions of the city (good and bad). Did you take any public transportation?

And belated happy birthday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 08:14 AM

29 posts, read 73,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on kool aid View Post
Wow, that is an amazingly efficient use of your time. If you feel up to it, I'd like to hear more details of your itinerary and your impressions of the city (good and bad). Did you take any public transportation?

I second that!

Also, did you happen to use Google Streetview to decide which areas you wanted to spend more time in / explore more in-depth? If so, in what way did it help or not help?

Were you in areas where you thought your planned day there should've been turned into one or more weeks if one had the time, in order to REALLY be able to explore it?

I'm also a planning-ahead kinda guy, while knowing you will always miscalculate something and have to leave room for spontaneous discoveries/explorations.
Enjoyed reading your articled very much. But I couldn't bear being there knowing I had to leave after a week already.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:14 PM

427 posts, read 1,089,588 times
Thank you. I didn't have much of an itinerary. I figured the car would provide me the cheapest entertainment, just driving it around. I didn't take any public transportation. I really don't have anything bad to say about LA, of course I don't know the reality of living there either. The traffic was intense, as expected.

I don't know if I'm having an early mid-life crisis, but I could see myself living right smack in the middle of Hollywood. I know the Kodak Theater complex would get old quickly, but the neighborhood is my kind of place. I wonder if there are established professionals living in condos or apartments there that maybe aren't into the partying so much, but just like the overall dense urban aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on kool aid View Post

Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 PM

420 posts, read 875,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
I finally went on that trip to LA I’ve been talking about forever and I liked it. I wasn’t scared like I thought I’d be. Probably because I’m much older this time and I’ve worked jobs that have toughened me up. I was really able to explore the city with confidence, which is pretty much how I spent my trip. I traveled nearly 400 miles there in 6 days. I traveled every major road in LA from Porter Ranch all the way down to Watts.

It was the best trip of my life. I actually turned 37 while I was out there. I'm glad I didn't tell them that at Manna though. They soaked the guy at the next table with champagne for celebration.
Well your post is certainly a refreshing compliment.
Most of the time I read about people bragging about their trip to 'Los Angeles', when they actually shot past the city, heading to Disneyland, way in another county, or horror stories from others who did venture into town with fears of gangs, traffic and weirdos, which by the way, do exist. Lol But there is so much more to see and it looks like you covered the whole scope, with qualifying testimony to enlighten prospective visitors as aptly as any native. Nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles